I3 Pro W connection Issues with PC

Lachlan338

I3 Pro W connection Issues with PC

Post by Lachlan338 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:52 am

Recently finished assembly of my I3 Pro W printer, downloaded the firmware and EasyPrint 3D as per the User Manual's instructions. However once i plugged it into my pc, the LCD came up with; "NO CARD! START TEST!"
After placing a freshly wiped SD card in with a copy of a simple .STL file that had been sliced and saved to the SD card using Easyprint, the LCD changed to "Card IS OK! Start Test".

I am able to connect to the printer with EasyPrint, using Com7 and Baud 25000, however I cannot control the printer's movement and when i go to run a job, is stays at "19:43:04" Until print start.

The chip is a 'CH340C', I am using Windows 10, I have checked all connections, I have tried running a print off of 'RepetierHost', with the same issues.

Is there any firmware or formatting i have to load onto the SD card? Is the board missing firmware? Do i have to load it with an Arduino IDE to check the code?

byplane108

Re: I3 Pro W connection Issues with PC

Post by byplane108 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:22 am

I'm having a connection and an SD card issues as well on a Win 7 machine. What made you pick com 7 and baud 25000? I left mine at auto detect and it chose a baud about 115000. But it won't connect. Did you have to install a driver? I had another issue that I put in a different post. When I first connected the USB cable that came with it after a few minutes of waiting for windows to say found new hardware my cable got almost to hot to touch. It actually melted some of the outside casing. As for the SD card my board never sees it. It just says no card whether it has one or not. I'd be interested in whatever you find out.

byplane108

Post by byplane108 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:12 am

SD solved. I tried an idea from another post. Turn off the printer power, insert the SD card then turn it on. I worked for me. I've since been able to print from the card. I still can't get the PC and the printer to talk to each other though.

Tomyuan

Post by Tomyuan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:12 am

@byplane108
Try to use the repetier-host then set the baud rate to 250000 in your machine setting