Blown capacitor at PSU... its called "power-smoke"

TheNoob

Re: Blown capacitor at PSU... its called "power-smoke"

Post by TheNoob » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:23 am

AAHAHHAA It works.. now i can start my plans for world domination :D well, kinda :lol:
Printer came with bit of filament that prints really nicely but it's completely different story with other 1kg reels of filament that got from another supplier -shenzhen tnice technology- do not really work... or then have to do some more tinkering :roll: as the extruder does not seem to be able to melt it enough. i have to apply some force to force-feed it or the roll that pushes filament in starts to skip.
i did try to raise the temperature to 250-degrees and slow printing speed down to 1/3rd from original but not so easy to get around this particular problem. Any tips, tricks and directions would be much appreciated since been bit stuck for a day now and the need to have bed leveling rolls in different colors is dire :shock: ;)

P.s.
Finally replaced those diodes at original PSU http://nimetonsarpyc6mm.onion/.media/33 ... gejpeg.jpg
Both ones from AC to +-rail were shorted and have to test it tomorrow :P

TheNoob

Post by TheNoob » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:27 am

And it works! 8-) here's a picture of the original PSU http://nimetonsarpyc6mm.onion/.media/89 ... gejpeg.jpg with replaced parts minus the cover since these capacitors are too high for it but luckily finding more suitable voltage ratings(rated for more voltage = more height) for those and packed diode-bridge should not going to be a problem since within 45min drive there's 2 electronics shop :D or how do you feel using 400V 3A 150ns diodes like that... it's really DIY looking 8-) and the original fuse was 250V F5A :lol:

kaktus; seen you suggesting in different thread that different properties of filament could be explained with density of filament.. i can measure say 10-20m of filament at +/-0.1gr if you want, just to get one data-point, and this is because haven't found a way to increase the wattage of filament motor to stop it from skipping steps. In other words, filament feeding motors does not have enough power to make whole step before jumping back :cry: and every suggestion is most velcome as always! i really need blue and yellow tray-leveling nuts! ! !

After that part, i would have to start looking into the biggest problem, 3D-modelling software :shock: i really, really hate computers and i'm on linux to make things worse ;) have win10 something installed on another drive so compability problems should not rise its ugly head :D but recommendations/suggestions/in-sights are invaluable :geek:

P.s. Was also wondering should this thread be named into "One journey into 3D-printing"?
P.p.s. Do you think i could bug Geetech for a discount on filament cause these difficulties with electronics?

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi.
:mrgreen:

I will say yes: there is no bad thing that wouldn't work for good (every cloud's got a silver lining). :D

The problem of insufficient distribution of the filament is extensive and may be due to several reasons:
  • misalignment (improper levelling)
  • improper work of the extruder
For the second point you can try to increase the motor current on the stepstick module and increase the spring force by inserting a spacer.
The density of the filament results from its physico-chemical properties, and is not related to external dimensions - diameter. :roll:
Although the latter feature is also very important.
I am curious about your measurements. :D
Besides, why do we write about it in the subject of power supply and capacitors :?:
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.