y and z axis not working

MrJoatmon

y and z axis not working

Post by MrJoatmon » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:37 am

I recently received a new GT2560 A+ board to replace a faulty old one. The old one did not power the fans.
This new board powers the fans, but now only the X axis works (both directions)
To test the motors, I switched the X and Y axis motor cables and now the Y-axis moves forward but not backwards. When I try home this axis, it moves forward 5-10mm but never back.
I'm thinking the problem could be something with the end stops but the end stops worked fine with the previous board so I feel confident they are not faulty hardware. Nothing else has changed except the control board.
I have installed the Pro W 2560 firmware (there was not a 2560 "A+" option just the 2560). Could this be firmware related?

Any help is appreciated.

MrJoatmon

Re: y and z axis not working

Post by MrJoatmon » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:17 am

Hmmm. A brief update. Now the X and Z axis work, but still not the Y.
I unplugged and then reseated the 4988 for the Z-axis and now the Z-axis works, but reseating the Y-axis has done nothing. The Y-axis has 0.82V so I tried to turn up the voltage for the Y-axis from 0.82V to 0.91V. Still nothing.
I'm so confused!

keyser187

Post by keyser187 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:08 pm

could you take a picture of your wiring or a vid of the problem?
one of the experts on here might be able to help 8-)

MrJoatmon

Post by MrJoatmon » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:05 pm

Thanks for the reply. I swapped a couple of the 4988 stepper drivers to test things and discovered that was my problem. Perhaps one of them was damaged when I transferred them from the old control board to the new one. So I ordered a set of 4988s and replaced the faulty one. Now all the axis work.
However; when I attempted to print, the extruder motor doesn’t seem to be working properly. Perhaps I’ll create a new post with this issue, as it’s possibly unrelated to my original post.
The extruder heats to 190 degrees and if I press the extruder release lever and push the filament, it extrudes manually so the heat and nozzle are okay. I can feel a pulsing when I press the extrude button (on Repetier) but it looks like the extruder wheel is rocking back and forward and not moving the filament along. I’ve increased the voltage to around 0.9V (it was 0.81V).
This is an exhausting hobby so far!!! :? :lol:

Toshirtcom

Post by Toshirtcom » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:37 am

I need help ... https://youtu.be/_ooeWovfqQQ

same problem and don'T understand what to do ... all is working except auto home .. and cannot print if the printer cannot home ...

Please help :)

Thanks