Problem with z axis

giav

Problem with z axis

Post by giav » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:17 pm

Good morning everyone, I'm new in this forum, I just bought and assembled a geeetech prusa i3 pro W and I have a big problem with the z axis.
The 2 motors don't work with the same speed and they work in only one direction and for this reason is impossible to move the y axis up and down along the z axis.
I have tried different solutions but I really don't know what to do. Please give me a solution :?

Kai_2018

Re: Problem with z axis

Post by Kai_2018 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:46 pm

Hey,

I guess I had the same Problem with the direction of the axis. Try the following: In my Point of view the bulding instruction has an mistake. Please, loose the platine and check the back of the platine. I guess, you will see, that the connection of the endstops is wrong!

Regards,
Kai

Tog

Re: Problem with z axis

Post by Tog » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:30 am

First thing you should do, if you haven't already, is upload the latest firmware to your printer from here download/file.php?id=3543

If that doesn't work, try the following steps, one at a time:

1. Make sure that the Z axis drives are at the same height. Measure between the Z stepper motor bracket and the bottom of the Z axis nut. If distances aren't equal the drive will bind.
2. Lightly lubricate the Z axis drive rods
3. Check the power supply lead is pushed home on the control board.
4. Check that both of the Z drive leads are plugged in properly at both ends.
5. Make sure that the stepper drivers (A4988) are plugged into the control board correctly and that the jumpers (underneath the drivers on the control board) are in the correct position.
6. Swap the Z stepper drivers (A4988) over, does the fault change/move? If it does, then one or both driver boards are either duff or need setting up.
7. Swap the drive connectors for the 2 stepper motors at the control board, does the fault change/move? Possible duff lead or connector

Post back with the results