Extruder motor doesn't work

mccormick

Extruder motor doesn't work

Post by mccormick » Tue May 15, 2018 7:23 pm

Hi, i just mounted my new Prusa i3 Pro W, but i still can't use it because de extruder motor is not working. I already tried to connect this motor on X position and it works fine. It's like the GT2560 fails on extruders connection. I tried to connect on extruder 2 position and change pins on marlin, but it wasn't effective neither. Hotend works great, filament is melted when i pull out it, but since the motor doesn't make it advanced, when i try to print something, the printer do it on the air, no filament comes out...

Problems with that motor and the cable are discarded. I already email to contact support five days ago without response. Can anybody help me please? i am already desesperated and i think that is a problem with my GT2560, but i am not an expert so i can't say it for sure...

Sorry for my english, i am spanish. And thanks...

Nacho

Gingko
Site Admin

Re: Extruder motor doesn't work

Post by Gingko » Wed May 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Have you tried to swap the driver, or check the voltage of it?
refer to:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17097

mccormick

Post by mccormick » Wed May 16, 2018 6:13 pm

Yes, i did it yesterday, and it looks like the extrusor driver is failing, because extrusor motor works if i use X driver on Extruder position. My question now is, ¿is that driver definitely broken or may be on a ver slow voltage to work?

Gingko
Site Admin

Post by Gingko » Wed May 16, 2018 6:31 pm

There is some possibility that the voltage is low,
do you have a multimeter?
The voltage between potentiometer and GND is 0.8V-1.2V.
Check it and if it is lower than 0.8V, you should increase it by tightening the potentiometer(screw)

If it has no help, then the motor may be broken.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (132.58 KiB) Viewed 5723 times