Easy Print: COM Access denied

sebb_k

Easy Print: COM Access denied

Post by sebb_k » Fri May 11, 2018 4:11 am

Hi guys,

I just finished the build of my I3 Pro W, installed the according drivers (WIndows 7) and installed Easy Print 1.1.7.
I can choose the correct COM port (COM5) in the "tools" menu, but when I hit CONNECT, an error shows up:

"The connection failed with the following error: access to COM5 denied..make sure your printer in connected, enabled and connection data is set correct. Open printer settings?"

Changing the baud rate to 250.000 does not make a difference, restarting the printer or the computer neither. Apart from Easy Print, no other programm related to 3D printing is active. Do you have any ideas what the issue could be here?
I appreciate your help. Thanks!

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Easy Print: COM Access denied

Post by _kaktus_ » Fri May 11, 2018 12:00 pm

When the printer and computer are running, try disconnecting the USB cable.
After a while, reconnect.
Alternatively, if it does not help with the disconnected cable, turn off the printer's power supply. After a while, restart the printer and connect the USB cable.

sebb_k

Post by sebb_k » Sat May 12, 2018 4:28 am

Hey there,
thanks for your reply. I tried both things with a lot of patience, both did not work.
Is there any other advice you have here?
Cheers!

Gingko
Site Admin

Post by Gingko » Mon May 14, 2018 6:31 pm

perhaps you can delete all the drivers, close the firewall, and reinstall the driver to have a try.

kewlape

Post by kewlape » Thu May 17, 2018 8:31 am

I had the same problem with easyprint3d. Try setting the baud rate to 250000

Alternately after running the slicer I saved the .gco file on an SD Card and printed it that way.
You can also try an different softare like Cura if EasyPrint does not work for you. .

I progressed to using Octoprint. I have it installed on a raspberry pi and use that as a server for storing and printing the designs.

Kiran

Tog

Post by Tog » Mon May 21, 2018 5:56 pm

I have had a similar problem when I installed Repetier-Host. It runs a background service that takes control of the USB port preventing Easyprint from using it. If you have installed any other 3D printing software, check Windows services and background tasks and stop any 3D print stuff that might be conflicting.