Anyone printing TPU or flexible PLA with the i3 (any of them)?

symowallo

Anyone printing TPU or flexible PLA with the i3 (any of them)?

Post by symowallo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:45 pm

I've had a real love/hate relationship with my i3 Pro A. Just fired it back up again after I had put it into the naughty corner for 2 years. I swapped the useless aluminium build plate for a glass one (notched the corners so it would fit on the heating pad and still allow access to the height screws)

Printing PLA reasonably well (although the first layer never seems to print properly. Haven't tried flexible filament yet. Using Simplify3D. Anyone had any luck? Other than reducing the speed and reducing/eliminating retraction, any config tips?

William
Site Admin

Re: Anyone printing TPU or flexible PLA with the i3 (any of them)?

Post by William » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:23 am

:D Hi, If the first layer does not stick well,
You can try to level the hot bed,
The distance between the nozzle and the hot bed is the distance of a piece of leveling paper;

It is a short-range extruder that can print flexible consumables.
However, if two different materials are used for printing, clogging is easy.
It is best to clean the hot end before printing.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Melisa95

Re: Anyone printing TPU or flexible PLA with the i3 (any of them)?

Post by Melisa95 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:31 pm

Estimated reading time: 6 minutes RC airplane wheels, flexible phone covers or durable GoPro cases – there are some things you can’t (or shouldn’t) print with regular filaments such as PLA or PET-G. However, there’s a group of special filaments that are perfect for this job – flexible filaments! They can be a bit tricky to use, so we decided to bring you this article that will help you get started with these wonderful materials! Official website