This is all new to me!

Willow

This is all new to me!

Post by Willow » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:34 pm

Hi everyone,
Have just purchased my Geeetech I3 Aluminum Pro two days ago and it has now arrived safely. All appears to be complete - although I will know more when I come to the actual build.

I am surprised to find that there are no build instructions included in the kit, and as far as I can find out, the latest build instructions I can download from here, are dated for a similar model which is dated as for machines built (produced) in 2016. I'm sure this cannot be right as mine has the 3 in1 box setup which is not mentioned anywhere in the instructions I have downloaded. Has there been an update I have missed somewhere which does include the 3 in 1 box instructions?

On a second front, I shall also be wanting to install a BLTouch bed levelling update as soon as I have completed the build but again, I can't seem to find any information as to how this can be achieved when using the 3 in 1 box arrangement. Has anyone ever done this successfully on this type of setup and, if so, where can I get the details of exactly how this is done?

Apart from these initial thoughts, I am looking forward to the actual build in the next couple of weeks or so... ;)

_shorty_

Re: This is all new to me!

Post by _shorty_ » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:57 am

How’d it go? I didn’t find very good instructions either. After about half way through my instructions everything was mislabeled and I had to start winging it with what bolts and stuff to use.

Gingko
Site Admin

Post by Gingko » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Can these building instruction videos help you out?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCKfAqo ... _DPNh3KWgj

As for I3 A Pro + 3D Touch/BL Touch:
The 2 pin slot can connect to Z min on the extension board.
But because there is no 3 pin slot for 3D Touch on extension board slot, we need to drill a hole for wiring, then connect it to serv0 slot on the mainboard(GT2560 A+), then edit firmware according to the user manual.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:59 pm

1. First of all, you can be on the official website. In WIKI, you can find the information you need.
2. Regarding BLtouch, you need to open the PSU box. Wiring
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!