I3 A Pro - Moving extruder (calibration) reboots device

GlenC

I3 A Pro - Moving extruder (calibration) reboots device

Post by GlenC » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi

I have a I3 A Pro and when trying to properly calibrate the extruder (using the 100mm method), as soon as I use the control box (not laptop but direct at the printer), to tell it to extrude more than around 20mm at a time, the box reboots/resets itself! I am running Merlin 1.1.8. Anyone else had this issue? Many thanks

cstoelzel

Re: I3 A Pro - Moving extruder (calibration) reboots device

Post by cstoelzel » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:23 am

I know it's been awhile since you posted, but you were not alone in this. This is one of several problems I have encountered, and determined for me it was related to just dialing the extruder, but related to moving the dial quickly in ANY setting, for example moving the Y axis too quickly, or adjust the heat too fast caused a reboot. I think it is the same version firmware that I had uploaded, but have not found a solution other than dialing SLOW>

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:25 pm

GlenC wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:44 pm
Hi

I have a I3 A Pro and when trying to properly calibrate the extruder (using the 100mm method), as soon as I use the control box (not laptop but direct at the printer), to tell it to extrude more than around 20mm at a time, the box reboots/resets itself! I am running Merlin 1.1.8. Anyone else had this issue? Many thanks
I think you need to open the PSU box.
Then you can try to replace the a4988 of extruder
;)
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:27 pm

cstoelzel wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:23 am
I know it's been a while since you posted, but you were not alone in this. This is one of several problems I have encountered, and determined for me it was related to just dialing the extruder, but related to moving the dial quickly in ANY setting, for example moving the Y axis too quickly, or adjust the heat too fast caused a reboot. I think it is the same version firmware that I had uploaded, but have not found a solution other than dialing SLOW>
How about the default fw?Have you try to upload it and test it?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

cstoelzel

Post by cstoelzel » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:02 pm

William wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:27 pm
How about the default fw?Have you try to upload it and test it?
Yeah, I had first built the machine about 4 months back, and had gotten the marlin file titled "PI3A Pro(for the upgraded kit using lead screw)" from the forum at that point and uploaded successfully.

The box reboot had a been a problem I just worked around by writing g-code to extrude 100mm of filament, and calibrated off that. I am going to try to do the Marlin update again, as I am dealing with another issue (see other post, as to not hijack this one).