3.2" TFT LCD with Arduino works

shayanalibhatti

3.2" TFT LCD with Arduino works

Post by shayanalibhatti » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Dear admin and respected users,
There is a misconception that the 3.2" TFT LCD does not work with the ARDUINO LEONARDO and the UTFT library. I want to tell you that there is no such thing. I have just now used the above mentioned LCD bought from GEEETECH and successfully applied on ARDUINO leonardo along with the UTFT library's example program as well as my custom made program. I am sharing some points which troubled users might have missed.

SUCCESSFUL CONNECTIONS :

TFT LCD--------------ARDUINO LEONARDO

1) DB0-DB7 to D8-D13, A0-A1
2) DB8-DB15 to D0-D7
3) RW, RS to A4,A5
4) RD to 3.3V (ARDUINO) MUST
5) CS to A3
6) RSET to A2
7) LEDA to 3.3v (ARDUINO)
8) VCC to 3.3V (ARDUINO)
9) GND to GNDS (ARDUINO)...make all GNDs common i.e. of LCD and ARDUINO (arduino has 2 gnds too connect both)

LEAVE ARDUINO 5V ...NOT USED by any pin ...supply power to lcd with ARDUINO 3.3V. (make common connections on breadboard for ease).

download UTFT library .... open it ...in the examples section ...open ARDUINO (AVR) ...in it open ARDUINO_LEONARDO_DEMO_ 320x240 ....download it in arduino and run it ....it runs perfectly ...also make custom programs and enjoy ...... :)

Let us share our experiences about items (success as well as failure) on this forum to make it useful for newbies like me ...

Regards,
Shayan.

techsupport
Site Admin

Re: 3.2" TFT LCD with Arduino works

Post by techsupport » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:02 am

Dear friend,
thank you for your sharing!
Regards
techsupport
Your real trustworthy partner in China!!
Email: forum@geeetech.com