Motor shaft is spinning without applying force

ZerwasMOD

Motor shaft is spinning without applying force

Post by ZerwasMOD » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:34 am

Hi,
I have just finished assembling my first 3D printer from Geeetech (https://www.geeetech.com/geeetech-prusa ... p-944.html)
I am now running into a problem on the X-Axis. The stepper motor moves fine in positive direction, but towards home direction it is not moving the extruder assembly.
I already went through hours of forum reading. It is not the case home is not set. I have went through home setting with the other axises, they are fine.
The actual problem is that when the motor gets some load in negative direction, the shaft spinns free without giving drive on the belt. In positve direction, all is good. If I remove the belt, so that there is no load, it spins fine in both directions. I tried it with loosen the belt, same result, nor drive in negative direction.
I changed the motor with the motor of y axis, and it runs fine on the y axis. But then the new motor on the x - axis shows the same behaviour. The shaft, when has some load to spin, spins free without applying any force.
I also removed to motor out of the printer, flat on the table and let it spin. If i move it forward and hold the shaft with my fingers it applies the force but when spinning in negative directon the force is not put on the shaft but the shaft spinns in the motor.
I have no clue how to solve it...

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Motor shaft is spinning without applying force

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:22 pm

Hello.
:mrgreen:
From your description, I assume the engine is in good working order. You confirmed this by replacing it with a Y axis motor.

So we can assume that the control is failing. :idea:

It is good practice to use oil.
  • Have you tried to adjust the motor current in the stepstick module :?:
  • Have you tried to replace the stepstick modules :?:
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

VincenzaThiel

Re: Motor shaft is spinning without applying force

Post by VincenzaThiel » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:15 pm

Here the technical blog updates are quite stunning and that would be understandable to all. I hope various people get the machine assembling-related stuff on your forum to do my dissertation for me uk and get benefits. Thanks for the tremendous help on your blog that is really trusted.