M201 Stepper Motors very weak 4988 Stepper Driver Vref

realfox81

Re: M201 Stepper Motors very weak 4988 Stepper Driver Vref

Post by realfox81 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:25 pm

Hello _kaktus_,

and thanks for your reply. I didnt say the motors has any power. They are very weak. The extruder motors are so weak (vref voltage is at about 1v, more is not possible) that they are not possible to do normal filament output. The Filament stream stops and has under extrusion.

Maybe its a firmware problem, i am currently at 1.0.0.1 firmware of the gtm32 vb board.

Okay, maybe i can calculate the vrefs for each motor alone, or i ask (after searching in the forum) if anyone else has correct = working vref parameters for me. If i calculate them it doesnt say i am right and calculating the right ones.

So maybe i was unclear, maybe someone who has the m201 can tell me "working" vrefs for the a4988 steppers on the gtm32 vb board, thanks!

Greets,
Stefan

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:46 pm

Oh, Stefan...
:lol:

On the same page where you started your topic there is a solution you are looking for. If I am able to count, it is 9 topics below. :P

When you want to start reading this forum, you will find at least one more such post.

All these models have identical engines and only yours are weak :?:

Good luck.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

realfox81

Post by realfox81 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:47 am

Hello again, thanks for pushing me into the right direction. I have found the thread with the vrefs and adjusted them to the values. But turned out need more vref for my system, i do not know why. Vref for x,y is about 0,8v; z, e0 and e1 is about 1,0v...also the extruder needs temp about 215 degree to work correctly. Maybe its working also due to new firmware version 1.0.0.4 which i installed today.

@_kaktus_: do you still have contact to the developers of the firmware? maybe they can release the source code for the printer?

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:54 pm

Hi.
:mrgreen:

The base is the adjustment of the mechisms of all axes so that they work smoothly and without any friction.

Of course, this can be ignored, and a forceful solution can be applied, increasing the current of the motors above the nominal one.
My settings are experimental and certainly below the nominal value. It would be worth counting it.

For the Z-axis I applied an additional solution eliminating the problem of too low current. Perhaps you have seen this module.

Contact in the creators of the firmware is impossible because they left GT a long time ago.

ps
Use oil for linear guides.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:52 am

realfox81
;)

I'd be interested in photographs of your stepper motors. Especially a place with an engraved marking.

Next, with the presentation of the sequence of wires in the engine connector and controller socket. :roll: