A10M Slic3r profile

Share your configuration profile, please specify your printer model and the slicer software.
Jarda3d

A10M Slic3r profile

Post by Jarda3d » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:03 am

Hi all,

there are my tuned profiles for slic3r.org new version (genuine edition, not Prusa clone). I print only from ABS, with PLA did not have experiences. Profile is for untouched printer with original firmware only! If you have updated, define Filament/Extruder multiplier as 0.95, Print/Speed/Volumetric speed 10, Printer/Extruder/Retract 8mm (approx with ABS).

Actual profile with dual color sample gcode and HOWTO is here: viewtopic.php?p=105301#p105301

See often updated profile with many additions on GITHUB https://github.com/Jardal/A10M-Slic3r-profile

This profile is slightly outdated, but here is for reference only. See lower for dual colour printing profile, where is more powerfull profile.
A10M HQ Slic3r_config_bundle.zip
(3.78 KiB) Downloaded 1625 times

It have vase modes, use it with cooling (yes, for ABS). Speedy Gonzales profiles are highly experimental

For general use, select adaptive profile or adaptive FULL if you need very thin walls.

For general "box" printing, use 0.3mm profile or adaptive if you have sloopy design.

If you want to print really big pieces with ABS, use brim 10mm and (important!) Hilbert curve for bottom layer. It did not warps.

Testing print of angels from here http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1864269

Photos arrangement

Vase adaptive FULL, standard mode adaptive FULL
Vase adaptive, standard mode adaptive

I know, there are problem with head. Maybe slower printing about 10-15mm/s will help it.
Attachments
internal hole.jpg
internal hole.jpg (121.32 KiB) Viewed 38303 times
head and wings.jpg
head and wings.jpg (146.38 KiB) Viewed 38303 times
front.jpg
front.jpg (232.96 KiB) Viewed 38303 times
backing.jpg
backing.jpg (125.83 KiB) Viewed 38303 times
Last edited by Jarda3d on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:59 am, edited 15 times in total.
A10M Slic3r profile: here and fresh on github (lot of tips here)
A10 Slic3r profile: here
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: A10M Slic3r profile

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:20 am

Hi.
:mrgreen:

Your achievements are great.
My congratulations.
:D
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:52 pm

Wow.That's cool.
:) Thanks for your sharing again!
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:28 pm

Profile is updated. Retract speed is more fine tuned and added Speedy Gonzales profiles (printing up to 120mm/s), which are still under development

The most of printing time is not printing moves (except vase and simple large pieces), but non-print moves and retractions. I was play with printing speeds up to 160mm/s (yes, with my A10M), but it save time like that with little worse surface finish.

30 mins... 20 min
3h 35m ... 3h 25m

For general work with this slicer choose 2D display due slowness with 3D in this software.
Slic3r original.PNG
Slic3r original.PNG (60.65 KiB) Viewed 37618 times
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:47 pm

Updated profile. Added 2 speedy profiles, Speedy Gonzales for higher quality fast prints and Steve McQueen for fastest printing avaiable. Basic HQ profile updated too. Printing speed could be up to 3 times less, in dependency of complexity. Profile updated in the first post

Attention, you need probably tight your feeder springs. Steve McQueen could saw filament.

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:18 am

Another substantial profile update. Stil for ABS only.

Have higher temps with Speedy Gonzales (257°C), you need to change printer temperature limit from LCD to 260°C, and save settings. Some tweaks for faster print starting.

Printer firmware is still untouched with bad extruder steps settings from factory. If you have corrected it, change Extrusion multiplier to 1.0 and retract length/speed divided by 1.3.

I was see some behavioral effects on the extruder fittings while retracting, so if it was fixed with spacer, then retract length/speed will be lower too. But for now my A10M need such big retracts.

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Tue May 07, 2019 4:15 am

Dual Colour profile and profiles for "touched" and "untouched stocks" printers. The difference is in the Extruder feed speed, untouched is 340 steps/mm, touched 430 steps/mm. Untouched is marked A10M, touched A10 (but attention, there are high retract amount, which is not optimal for plain A10).
A10M HQ Slic3r_config_bundle.zip
(11.25 KiB) Downloaded 918 times
Note that Speedy Gonzales profile is good for everyday printing now with slightly less strong. Steve McQueen is for highest speed, but it is more less strong. HQ profile is for nice and strong.

Dual colour print is without cleaning tower with little addition - trash bin to clean extruder. See http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3525097
Purge_Bucket_for_A10M.zip
(920.51 KiB) Downloaded 861 times
But attention, the STL model is bad. I have corrected one and Gcodes to print on A10M with untouched and touched printers (see steps resolution).
A10M_DUAL_COLOR_CLEANER.zip
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 929 times
Ex340steps is for untouched printer, ex430steps is for extrusion multiplier about 1.0.

The Gcode is featured for 258°C print with ABS and slow HQ type motion to make super strong thing. So you now know, that Speedy profiles are partially useable to cooperation with HQ profile to make ABS stronger. I use Gembird ABS which does not smell and is of course cheapest in my country. Yes, black and blue make little "asphaltic" smell, but a little, wife does not make protests.
Strong ABS prints.PNG
Strong ABS prints.PNG (7.45 KiB) Viewed 35587 times
Because Titan extruders are not enough to transfer power from geared motor to filament (see http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 26&t=68505 ), speed profiles are limited to volumetric speed. Whatitdoesmean? Thin layers are printed in higher speed than thick layers. A10M due filament mixing path in hotend need much more force to filament. Geetech know about it, because they install Titan extruders instead of MK8 from plain A10. So if you have A10, you can try my profiles with slightly less retraction (About 5-7mm). Note that high temp printing need substantially more retraction length and other settings than ordinary temps.

Why 258°C? Because 260 is unstable and more than 260 is unavailable due some hard coded limits in Marlin code. But if you want to use this temps, you need to change limit in Control section of menu, default maximum is 250°C. And save it of course into EEPROM.

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:18 am

Now I have highly unfinished profile, but it have error free dual colour printing. So if you want dual, did not use that before.

Extruder levers are dead. Both, but I was made it before it was gone. They are much better than stock levers. Found some levers on thingiverse and printed, then one was not the best, but usefull. Now I have some changes, but still not ideal. Weak spring changed and used springs 8mmx20mm for standard extruders. Now the force is much bigger and did not destroy filament so easy as with weak spring. So volumetric limit is temporary gone too.

This I have now
0430 Lever for extruder.zip
(5.81 MiB) Downloaded 795 times
This I will have later
20mm spring lever.zip
(1005.94 KiB) Downloaded 813 times
(sorry, I did not have stored authors who made shorter version of levers)

Another weak point is the top and bottom extruder case... Did not printed, but have 3 older versions (for 340 steps!) from Ali as spare parts (they have not internal parts compatible).

Tube fittings have spacers, so no more tube dances while retracts and it could be less.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2798864

But retracts alone are untouched now. Reason why I publish this unfinished changes are that I was make big changes in dual colour print and now dual is successfull.

So if you want dual colour print, then you could use this settings only, not anything else - at the moment are not deleted obsolete profiles etc.
dual.PNG
dual.PNG (9.41 KiB) Viewed 34828 times
If you want to change length of plastic (I was test it on green and gray, better is white and blue), you need go to Printer profile, Tool change gcode and locate the line and you can increase bold value

G1 E25 F300 ;Extrude new filament to nozzle

So long waited profile is here.
A10M DUAL Slic3r_config_bundle.zip
(4.86 KiB) Downloaded 830 times

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:32 am

New and cleaned. Near all my prints are done with Speedy Gonzales profiles. New Fatty profile derived from SQ and HQ, for stronger prints than SG. Maybe will be abandoned, but I was need it for one faster and strong print.

As Summer temperatures goes high, profile temps goes lower. Some like winter and summer profile needed?

Important change - it has temperature profiling by layer height. Begin with first layer for good adhesion, then lowered for fine sharp details, then back because we are from bed, and finally high other layer temperature because we are far from bed. Need more tuning, but it heavily depends on your enviroment. There are calibrator profile too, where you can test filament temps, see gcode configuration for more knowledge.
Slic3r 190629 - PROCISTENO.zip
(36 KiB) Downloaded 761 times
Here are config bundle and copy of all INI files from slic3r user home directory.
slic3r.PNG
slic3r.PNG (37.62 KiB) Viewed 33217 times

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:36 am

Error in Gcode generation corrected...
Slic3r 190707.zip
(32.02 KiB) Downloaded 829 times
unzip these files in slic3r home directory. MIne in c:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Slic3r