Help - Geeetech I3 pro b

macaojeta

Help - Geeetech I3 pro b

Post by macaojeta » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:11 am

I'm having trouble with my printer.

I have it assembled and everything seems in working order, except when I switch it on the screen just reads:

"Card is okay!

Start test!"

https://showbox.tools/ https://speedtest.vet/

If there's no SD in it, it it reads:

"No card!

Start test"

When I press the dial it just beeps and nothing happens, and pressing the reset button doesn't seem to do anything.

I've connected it to my laptop and I can't get it to work that way either, it connects but it won't do anything when I try moving the axes, heating the bed or heating the extruder.

Has anyone here encountered this problem ? Any advice ?

Soadyheid

Re: Help - Geeetech I3 pro b

Post by Soadyheid » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:04 am

I have it assembled and everything seems in working order, except when I switch it on the screen just reads:

"Card is okay!

Start test!"
Not really enough information. Does the display show the hot end and bed temperatures on power up? Does it show the current X.Y and Z coordinates? does it say "I3 Pro B ready"? If not, it's not initialising properly. You may need to re-flash the firmware using the Arduino IDE App you have to download (Actual App depends on what OS you're using.) If you need to do this you need to do a lot of reading to prevent bricking the board. I'm not going to attempt to explain.
I've connected it to my laptop and I can't get it to work that way either, it connects but it won't do anything
What program are you using to drive the printer? How exactly have you connected it? USB link? I use Repetier-Host as a driver as I find it easier than faffing about with the display and scroll dial/button. What OS do you use? Windows, MacOS, Linux? I use Linux Mint 20.3. In the bad old days MacOS had driver problems with the USB ports but I'd reckon that 's been fixed.

Hope some of that helps!

Play Bonny!

Soadyheid