Geeetech super plate hotbed

zweefvlieg

Geeetech super plate hotbed

Post by zweefvlieg » Fri May 29, 2020 3:13 am

A few weeks ago I decided to buy a Geeetech super plate hotbed for my I3Pro B. I changed the old hotbed for the super plate. It did not heat above the 80 degrees centigrade. The standard power supply delivers only 180 Watt by 12 volt. That was not enough for the super plate hotbed. Also the GT2560+ controller is not strong enough to deliver the power needed for the super plate hotbed. I decided to buy a second power supply able to deliver at least 260 Watt by 24 volt, and I ordered a small 3Dprinter Mosfet controller board able to handle 25A. Both items are available on Aliexpress. Today I installed the configuration and the super plate hotbed heats easily up to 120 degrees centigrade. Maybe an idea for Geeetech to deliver this package as an add on? :)

William
Site Admin

Re: Geeetech super plate hotbed

Post by William » Fri May 29, 2020 10:37 am

Hi,he super version is placed on the hotbed, there is no need to remove it.
According to your description, you copied the hotbed?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

crashdoc

Post by crashdoc » Fri May 29, 2020 5:52 pm

I suspect OP is in fact referring to the aluminium heat bed that comes with the superplate. Disappointing to read this, having just bought the same off of Geeetech from Ebay. Means it might not work for me either unless I buy yet more stuff :cry:

zweefvlieg

Post by zweefvlieg » Fri May 29, 2020 6:43 pm

In fact I replaced the hotbed with the aluminium hotbed that is offered by Geeetech as mentioned below:

Geeetech Superplate 3D Printer Aluminum Heatbed Kit
SKU: 800-001-0509
$39.00

In case you decide to go for that one, you have to add a power supply and a 25Ampere MOSFET unit to reach 120 degrees centigrade.
The super plate I can certainly advise, because your design sticks well to the hotbed. No need for Kapton, hairspray etc.

crashdoc

Post by crashdoc » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:37 pm

So having fitted my i3 Pro B with the geeetech aluminium heat bed and super plate, it certainly struggles to get much over 80c - which I was having to use for the first layer printing with PLA.

However - wow! I found I can now drop right down to 40c and still get far superior adhesion to the stocks glass plate. So it was well worth the investment!

GothicPorpoise

Post by GothicPorpoise » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:44 pm

crashdoc wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:37 pm
So having fitted my i3 Pro B with the geeetech aluminium heat bed and super plate, it certainly struggles to get much over 80c - which I was having to use for the first layer printing with PLA.

However - wow! I found I can now drop right down to 40c and still get far superior adhesion to the stocks glass plate. So it was well worth the investment!
Disappointing to read this, having just bought the same off of Geeetech from Ebay.

jeffrey1gardner

Post by jeffrey1gardner » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:32 pm

Hi! How can I check where to drop right down to 40c for far superior adhesion? Can you share more insights you found out cause I am still having doubts...

domyessay for printing geeetech design

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:53 pm

jeffrey1gardner wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:32 pm
Hi! How can I check where to drop right down to 40c for far superior adhesion? Can you share more insights you found out cause I am still having doubts...

domyessay for printing geeetech design
The super plate is a little thicker, so you maybe can try to lower the hotbed, or adjust the Z endstop mount a little higher.