i3proB with 3dtouch Sensor Alignment :?

enhaxed

i3proB with 3dtouch Sensor Alignment :?

Post by enhaxed » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:30 pm

I bought the kit for the i3proB a few weeks ago and put it together ok. I also ordered the 3dtouch auto bed leveling sensor and have been trying to get it working.

I have a GT2560 board and the t8 threaded rods (i'm pretty sure.)

I downloaded the recommended firmware file from here and used arduino to upload it.

The led on the sensor is now lit red and goes through a self test popping in and out a few times when the printer is turned on.

Initially after installing the updated firmware the x axis was reversed so i edited the configuration file in arduino 1.0.1 to invert the x axis and uploaded again.

The gcode g29 now triggers the self test to start but the bed on my printer seems to be badly out of alignment to what the software expects as it is trying to drop the sensor off the front edge of the bed by about 5mm and the extruder crashes into the glass plate if i'm not quick enough with reset or emergency stop.

I think the sensor is ok it's just that the offsets for where home is on the printer are very wrong. When told to home the extruder sits off to the left of the bed by about ~2 cm.

I have tried fiddling with printer setting in Easyprint and Repetier-host but it doesn't seem to affect the sensor tests or actual origin. Try to adjust the offsets on the printer lcd control just produces an alarm.

What I really need is a way to permanently adjust the position of the extruder so it lines up with the bed, I could stick something on the end of the bed to trigger the X endstop earlier but it's not a great solution.

Can you please assist.

William
Site Admin

Re: i3proB with 3dtouch Sensor Alignment :?

Post by William » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:45 pm

Hi,maybe you need a manual:http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... ing_Sensor

This is 3dtouch test method after modifying the firmware to confirm whether the modification is correct:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYaaMlHpBDg
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

enhaxed

Post by enhaxed » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:52 pm

Did you even read my post?

The bed is totally out of alignment with the extruder and sensor, it's not really to do with the sensor it's just noticed how bad it is after i installed the sensor.

To repeat: I have the manual, the manual is not helping me align the bed correctly. I need a way to set the offsets so that the printer puts 0,0,0 on the actual bed instead of off to the side.

Do I need to use smaller words?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:11 pm

Hi,I'm sorry I didn't help you before.
The offset is normal, it will not affect printing.
But you can set the offset in configuration.h. For example, an offset of 20, you can change it as shown.
Hopes can help you. :)
QQ图片20200424151209.png
QQ图片20200424151209.png (23.87 KiB) Viewed 7890 times

enhaxed

Post by enhaxed » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:22 pm

Thankyou, I will try it.

enhaxed

Post by enhaxed » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:06 am

It appears the firmware update I downloaded from the site here that was for the i3 pro b gt2560 A+ with 3d touch either did not install or expects a different configuration. It was treating the sensor as a z endstop as far as I can tell hence the single self test at power on and no response to commands to run the self test.

The instructions for installing the 3dtouch call for it to be connected instead of the z min endstop, is this correct? Another version of the firmware available here calls for the 3dtouch to be installed in the z max endstop socket instead. Short of going through the arduino code line by line i'm not sure what to do.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:59 pm

Hi,It should be connected to the z min endstop, as shown:
QQ图片20200428175803.png
QQ图片20200428175803.png (534.85 KiB) Viewed 7726 times

enhaxed

Post by enhaxed » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:13 pm

Ta, I got there in the end.

thanks.