Extruder motor not moving

TwiHul

Extruder motor not moving

Post by TwiHul » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 am

I’ve already been in touch with Geeetech support over this but I thought I’d just post here in case I’ve missed something obvious. I’ve finished building an I3 Pro B but when I move the motors through the LCD menu the extruder never moves. Geeetech even sent me a new GT2560 and the new one has the same issue. I’ve plugged the extruder into the port for the y axis to test the motor and it did move it, and I swapped the stepper drivers round so that I could test them but it didn’t change anything. I’ve tried the latest firmware release from Geeetech and I’ve tried a version of 1.18 I found online. None of this worked but because I’ve changed the GT2560 I really don’t know where to look next.

What am I missing? I haven’t got any filament in yet and I haven’t tried printing anything, I’ve only used the option in the LCD menu. Am I testing this the wrong way or should this be working by now? I have the stepper driver and extruder plugged into the second slot from the right. I feel like there’s something obvious I’m missing.

William
Site Admin

Re: Extruder motor not moving

Post by William » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:21 am

:D Hi, you can try to swap only the position of the motor line.
Do not exchange the motor cable port wiring position on the motherboard.
Determine if the motor line is broken and this happens.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

TwiHul

Re: Extruder motor not moving

Post by TwiHul » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:44 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

I realised I could hook up a serial monitor and listen to what the printer thinking so I did that. Turns out the software wouldn’t move the printer because the extruder wasn’t hot, so there was never a problem after all. I think this really was a solution so basic to most people that no one even thought to mention it.