[Firmware] Marlin 1.1.8 and 1.1.9, for I3 Pro B, with BLTouch and T8 lead screws

jonsag

[Firmware] Marlin 1.1.8 and 1.1.9, for I3 Pro B, with BLTouch and T8 lead screws

Post by jonsag » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:05 pm

Hi all

I have put together a repo with my firmware and stl's to go with it.

The printer is upgraded with a BLTouch leveling probe including a part cooling fan and T8 lead screws for Z-axis.

Board is GT260A+.

Stl's are not created by me. Thanks go to creators mentioned in the repo.

Also the firmwares are mostly configured by wysocki.
I have set my own parameters to modify bedsize, jerks, speed and so on. I had som troubles with ghosting, and this made things better.

NOTE: I haven't tested the 1.1.9 fully.

Also there is a Cura config to use with Octoprint.

Repo is here:
https://github.com/jonsag/Marlin-3D-Printer-Firmware

Visit or clone:

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/jonsag/Marlin-3D-Printer-Firmware.git
/jon

PS.
This firmware is for the GT260A+ board, but it could also be used for GT2560A with minor changes, ie:
in Configuration.h

#ifndef MOTHERBOARD
  #define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_GT2560_REV_A
#endif
and the changes suggested at:
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... ing_Sensor
Last edited by jonsag on Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: [Firmware] Marlin 1.1.8 and 1.1.9, for I3 Pro B, with BLTouch and T8 lead screws

Post by William » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:10 pm

Thanks for your sharing!
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

GAQ

Re: [Firmware] Marlin 1.1.8 and 1.1.9, for I3 Pro B, with BLTouch and T8 lead screws

Post by GAQ » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:31 pm

Hi jonsag,

Great post !

I'm about to wire up my first ever printer and have made a couple of mods during the build.
(Rather than build, play and up-grade later, requiring a re-build)

These mods being the use of T8 lead screws and addition of the 3dTouch bed sensor.
Hence your set-up files will be most useful.
(You can tell I'm a COMPLETE novice to the world of 3D printing)

I note that you say you have a " GT260A+ " board...
I've googled this and the ONLY 'Hit' was this very post, so am I correct in thinking you have a GT2560A+ board ?

I have the GT2560 rev A+ version - it can take the 3dTouch without any soldering - 3 pin connector already there, and use the two pin connector on the Z_MIN plug.
I've read the config h file and this seems correct in it defines the use of the Z-min connector for the levelling.

#define Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN
I do have a couple of questions regarding the config h file that I don't fully understand.

You have the line...

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   { 81.5, 81.5, 400.69, 94 }
Is there any reason why the values aren't { 80, 80, 400, 93 } ?
These would fit with other config h files I've looked at, converting the original '2560' to '400' as the Z screw thread pitch demands.
I was wondering if you've added some measured shrinking allowance or similar, or am I over-thinking this ?

I have a friend printing my sensor mounting bracket as I write.
(He has an 'Off the shelf' printer, so he's not going to be much help with my set-up questions)
It's the downloaded version available with the sensor.
I wondered what bracket you used ? - You've used the off-sets as set in the lines

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 4  // X offset: -left  +right  [of the nozzle]
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -40  // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1.32   // Z offset: -below +above  [the nozzle]
I ask, as the values given on the 3d touch web page you very kindly added the link to are...

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 6
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -43
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1.4
Not massively different, how important are they ?

Lastly - (Honest !)

Am I correct in thinking by the 'Un-commenting' chosen, that you've chosen to use a 9 point grid to check your bed ?

#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_LINEAR

#define GRID_MAX_POINTS_X 3
#define GRID_MAX_POINTS_Y GRID_MAX_POINTS_X
(All other options commented out via the use of preceding // )

Assuming my ProB has the same size bed etc as yours (I could read where these were defined)
Then this would be great for my requirements.

All in, many thanks for the files, I'm going to start with these in setting up my printer.

Gerry

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:14 am

Hi,

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT { 81.5, 81.5, 400.69, 94 }
This line is based on his/her printer.
You need to calibrate it then you will know the extract values.
Refer to this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk3qYOB4E9I&t=3s

GAQ

Post by GAQ » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Many thanks William,

This makes perfect sense now.
You can tell I'm very new to this.
I assumed there would a 'Tweak' in the printing software to correct for this...
(I'll probably find that there IS. (Doubtless in the full, paid for, 'Ultimate' version. )
I'll start with the integers and work from there. I could print a cube, I already have a 'Guess stick'

Re the probe off-set... Is there a way that this can be calibrated easily ?

Thanks again,

Gerry

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:59 am

Hi,GAQ
Do you mean the bltouch sensor?
The bltouch pin should higher than the nozzle 1.2~1.5mm.
(When the pin is up)
For the z offset,you can use the M851 to set the z offset then use the M500 save it.

GAQ

Post by GAQ » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:10 am

Hi William,
Yes, I was referring to the BLTouch.
Actually, I have the "3DTouch" as supplied with Geeetech stickers on the wrapping.
I've used the Geeetech downloadable bracket.
(Friend printed this in black PETG - Fitted perfectly)
Hence I am going to start with the suggested Geeetech off-sets for the probe...
X = 4
Y = -43
Z = -1.4
Seems about correct when trying to measure - though I can't seem to get accuracy to 0.1mm - and note that some people have 2 decimal places in their off-sets !
I just need to tidy up the wiring on the printer and I'll be ready to start with drivers / firmware.
I've yet to find a decent, precise 'How to do this' for the drivers/firmware that is actually understandable.
e.g. Your line...
"For the z offset,you can use the M851 to set the z offset then use the M500 save it"
Means absolutely nothing to me except that I've read a few things written by people such as yourself that do this every day...
I understand that there's a code M500 that saves things to memory...
Though no idea what memory, or how it's entered, or where it's entered...
I'm searching on-line to see if I can find a set of instructions that make sense.
(I can happily decipher several computer codes - but no one seems to start at the beginning as to how to install all the drivers / firmware / software etc for this Geeetech printer !)

Roniedson

Post by Roniedson » Sun May 05, 2019 7:27 am

My A10M had firmware 1.1.7, after I upgraded it to 1.1.8 it is giving error "Heating Failed PRINTER HALTED please reset" every time I start printing. Help me, I need to make some impressions.

GAQ

Post by GAQ » Thu May 09, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi Roniedson,
I don't know if this is the correct thread for your particular question.
Firstly, I'd check that your heater (Extruder or Bed ?) is working, then suggest looking at the difference between the 1.1.7 and 1.1.8 firmware to see what's changed.
Have you tried going back to 1.1.7 ?
Did it help ?
Gerry
PS - I look up back at my questions in this thread only a couple of weeks old...
Ye gods ! - I could answer any of them now without thinking.
It just shows what 7 days solid of playing and printing can do for learning experience !

jonsag

Post by jonsag » Tue May 21, 2019 7:14 pm

Hi

Sorry for my late reply.
Let's see if I can answer your questions.
GAQ wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:31 pm
Hi jonsag,

Great post !

I'm about to wire up my first ever printer and have made a couple of mods during the build.
(Rather than build, play and up-grade later, requiring a re-build)

These mods being the use of T8 lead screws and addition of the 3dTouch bed sensor.
Hence your set-up files will be most useful.
(You can tell I'm a COMPLETE novice to the world of 3D printing)

I note that you say you have a " GT260A+ " board...
I've googled this and the ONLY 'Hit' was this very post, so am I correct in thinking you have a GT2560A+ board ?
Correct
I have the GT2560 rev A+ version - it can take the 3dTouch without any soldering - 3 pin connector already there, and use the two pin connector on the Z_MIN plug.
I've read the config h file and this seems correct in it defines the use of the Z-min connector for the levelling.

#define Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN
I do have a couple of questions regarding the config h file that I don't fully understand.

You have the line...

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   { 81.5, 81.5, 400.69, 94 }
Is there any reason why the values aren't { 80, 80, 400, 93 } ?
These would fit with other config h files I've looked at, converting the original '2560' to '400' as the Z screw thread pitch demands.
I was wondering if you've added some measured shrinking allowance or similar, or am I over-thinking this ?
I think this has already been answered, and the answer is it's a tweak/calibration thing.
I have a friend printing my sensor mounting bracket as I write.
(He has an 'Off the shelf' printer, so he's not going to be much help with my set-up questions)
It's the downloaded version available with the sensor.
I wondered what bracket you used ?
The bracket I used can be found in my git repo.
- You've used the off-sets as set in the lines

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 4  // X offset: -left  +right  [of the nozzle]
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -40  // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1.32   // Z offset: -below +above  [the nozzle]
I ask, as the values given on the 3d touch web page you very kindly added the link to are...

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 6
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -43
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1.4
Not massively different, how important are they ?
They are quite important as the determines how the "touching" is done and also used in the calculation of the auto levelling.
Lastly - (Honest !)

Am I correct in thinking by the 'Un-commenting' chosen, that you've chosen to use a 9 point grid to check your bed ?

#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_LINEAR

#define GRID_MAX_POINTS_X 3
#define GRID_MAX_POINTS_Y GRID_MAX_POINTS_X
Correct again.
(All other options commented out via the use of preceding // )

Assuming my ProB has the same size bed etc as yours (I could read where these were defined)
Then this would be great for my requirements.

All in, many thanks for the files, I'm going to start with these in setting up my printer.

Gerry
And thank you, Gerry!
/jon