Extruder feed wheel jumping backward

ricky007

Re: Extruder feed wheel jumping backward

Post by ricky007 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:19 pm

okay, here again. Should be sleeping but you know how it is!

Light bulb moment I think.The part shown in my previous post is a spiral and when I played the slicer through the layers i found that in the initial layers the nozzle would travel from the spiral centre to the outer wall at the end of the spiral staying within the path of the spiral. This took some time.
So my theory is that the filament wasn't primed when it reached the start of extruding. this explains the gaps hown in the photo to the right of the boss.

Similarly, half way up the bore of the boss the inner walls fail. This also shows a change of print pattern. if you look closely you'll see thatfailure of print in the bore starts where the failure of print on the outer wall starts. In the slicer when i play the movement through the nozzle moves from the centre of the spiral to the inner wall of the boss. Again this is a long movement where the travel follows the path of the spiral whilst the filament is retracted.

My problem now is what settings to change to overcome this.

Any ideas guys and gals?

thanks for listening to my ramblings, even if no one answers it helps to get my thoughts in line.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:23 pm

Hello.
:mrgreen:

Would you like to share your model in STL format, and a ready-made Gcode file?
I will try to print them on my printer. :D

The uploaded files must be compressed e.g. in ZIP format.
;)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

chrisnasulea

Post by chrisnasulea » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:05 pm

Hey everyone, I seem to be struggling with the same skipping problem you've been having.

Since getting my i3 pro C I printed using some black filament without problems. I have now switched to a brand new roll of white filament and for the life of me I can't get it to print without the dreaded filament skipping sound and missing layers messing up the print.

When you speak of voltage adjustment do you mean from the little adjustment dial on the power source?

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi chrisnasulea.
:mrgreen:
chrisnasulea wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:05 pm

When you speak of voltage adjustment do you mean from the little adjustment dial on the power source?
Most probably it is about regulating the Vref voltage in the spepstick module. This allows you to increase (or decrease) the power of the stepper motor.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

chrisnasulea

Post by chrisnasulea » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:17 pm

Super helpful and fast as usual, _kaktus_ :)

Thank you!