Z axis not stepping correctly

Jackatom74

Z axis not stepping correctly

Post by Jackatom74 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:29 am

I just finished assembly of my aluminium prusa I 3 and on my first test print x and y are perfect, but z never moved so I was just dumping pla all over and hit e-stop. I ran the print again without filament and noticed my z does eventually step, but much slower than it should. I have tinkered with the motor voltage with no luck and almost think it may have something to do with slic3r settings or my firmware. Z works terrific in manual mode. Anyone have any ideas?

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Z axis not stepping correctly

Post by _kaktus_ » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:36 pm

Both the external program and the firmware define the parameters of the engines.
So if one of them works differently, then ....

;-D

Sure the speed of work in each mode can be set.

William
Site Admin

Re: Z axis not stepping correctly

Post by William » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:36 pm

I have a tip to adjust the brass nut.

You can send the AUTO HOME command first, and then wait for it to return to the origin, when it runs finished you can judge the number of lefts and right screw thread, and then adjust it.

Then you can make the height of the Z axis rise to half the maximum print high via LCD display control, the second time to send AUTO HOME instruction, through this method.
1.You can keep left and right relatively level around
2.You can get the result whether the pitch of left and the right threaded rod is about the same.
Attachments
brass nut.png
brass nut.png (655.65 KiB) Viewed 5575 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!