Use Geeetech Superplate 3D Printer Aluminum Heatbed Kit with a Geeetech Prusa i 3 Pro B

the dragonlord

Use Geeetech Superplate 3D Printer Aluminum Heatbed Kit with a Geeetech Prusa i 3 Pro B

Post by the dragonlord » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:51 pm

Good morning everybody, I'm Andrea from Italy, two days ago I've placed the order for the item Geeetech Superplate 3D Printer Aluminum Heatbed Kit ( https://www.geeetech.com/geeetech-super ... -1019.html ) for use it with my Geeetech prusa I3 Pro B because in the item page I've read that it can be used with this printer.

Now I use the original hot bed and I've seen that the temperature sensor is different between the original (1 x 100K ohm Thermistor (Not soldered)) and the new one (NTC-MF52AT wich I see is a 10Kl). I suppose that, due the difference values of the sensors, 100K against 10K, some hardware and/or firmware changes are needed to adapt the control board to the new sensor but I can't find any documentation online about it.

Could you please help me?

Thanks
Andrea

Ferberto

Re: Use Geeetech Superplate 3D Printer Aluminum Heatbed Kit with a Geeetech Prusa i 3 Pro B

Post by Ferberto » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi Dragonlord.

Same question here, just upgraded the MK2 to the aluminum heatbed and I'm wondering if I've to change some settings in the configuration file (using Marlin).
Datasheet says that the NTC-MF52AT Thermistor has "Resistance value at R25℃ = 80KΩ".
Did u measured 10KΩ at normal temp?

Bye,
Ferb

William
Site Admin

Re: Use Geeetech Superplate 3D Printer Aluminum Heatbed Kit with a Geeetech Prusa i 3 Pro B

Post by William » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:16 pm

You should change this line
10k.png
10k.png (29.09 KiB) Viewed 9297 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Ferberto

Post by Ferberto » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:16 am

Thanks William.

So is it still correct value "1" (100k +4.7k pullup)?
Same as MK2?

Thanks,
Ferb

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:12 am

Hi,
You have misunderstood my meaning, I just tell you that you should change this line, the specific value you need to refer to these lines in your firmware
10K--.png
10K--.png (58.11 KiB) Viewed 9253 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!