How to use Smartto tool to calibrate esteps?

MOCCOR

How to use Smartto tool to calibrate esteps?

Post by MOCCOR » Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:40 am

I downloaded the tool and got all of this info here - https://i.imgur.com/yyNsuRd.jpg - which is way more info than just entering the normal gcode commands. Our esteps are not perfect on this printer and can be much better, can someone explain which needs to be changed depending on extruded measurements?

Also, PID autotune is disabled. The default PID is terrible. There is a custom Marlin FW for the A30T and honestly the amount of time wasted and inaccurate temperatures of the Geeetech FW is terrible. Custom Marlin PID takes half the time or better, while having values in range of like 0.2C. Default PID with Garbage Geeetech FW has values ranging as high as 2C plus or minus.

Geeetech has put the most terrible and locked down FW on these printers and they need to either unlock it so we can do some things ourselves, or they need to do it better themselves from the factory. I hope to get some kind of response but I honestly doubt it at this point. This brand is going downhill fast

JohnNantz

Re: How to use Smartto tool to calibrate esteps?

Post by JohnNantz » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:19 pm

There are various tools available these days these are working great. I have found the tremendous recommendation about the tools online quite supportive. Thanks for the information technology dissertation work here to discuss about the tools that would be supportive keep posting more.