New user A30T initial setup

JMK

New user A30T initial setup

Post by JMK » Wed May 18, 2022 2:46 am

Hello, I have followed the unpack and build setup to the letter and am having lots of trouble.

1st issue : Trying to use the manual levelling function. The bed moves away as far as it can go. The head moves to the far left and then the gantry moves down and down and down crashing into the bed and then compresses the bed and starts making a dreadful noise. In addition, choosing the “home” option produces the same result.

Things to note, there are two z-axis sensors but only the one on the right has a small illuminated red led. The left one does not illuminate. In addition the z-axis on the right appears to stop when it reaches the bottom of its travel.

Steps taken : where do I start….I have removed and reinstalled all electrical connections more times than I can remember… no improvement at all

2nd Issue : the touch screen responds intermittently and has a small dent in it. It looks like impact damage.

3rd issue : a loud clattering sound, a fan? It must be inside the case. If I open the case do I invalidate any war?

JMK

Re: New user A30T initial setup

Post by JMK » Thu May 19, 2022 1:42 am

A day and no replies!!!

Well, I have discovered where the pieces of broken plastic are from. The forward facing fan has plastic missing from the top left mounting screw and there is a large piece of plastic hanging below the same fan. No idea what it’s for.

I eventually took the base off the unit and discovered two plugs hanging loose. I’m guessing that these were the cause of the noise as it looked as though they were striking the internal fan. One or both of them were also responsible for the left hand z-axis sensor not working. It’s no great surprise either, the cable is too short. I had to re-route the cable and even then it only just fits and it’s under tension so I can see it pulling itself out eventually.

I’m not that impressed with what I have discovered. Two broken parts and two cables unplugged. Quality control is quite lax.

hudugeer

Re: New user A30T initial setup

Post by hudugeer » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:09 am

Your point of view is very cool, maybe you will love this website.
seo company