A30T all axis inverted and dual z axis is opposite.

gv71

A30T all axis inverted and dual z axis is opposite.

Post by gv71 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:05 am

When I go to home it X and Y move away from the home switches and the z axis each stepper turns opposite each other. I updated the firmware from the way suggested on the geeetech youtube channel and reset factory default and same thing happened. The only thing I found out was that if I lower the z axis manually by turning the screws so that both optical switches were tripped then home the z axis both z axis would move slightly in opposite directions not enough to stall the stepper and stop liked they were homed and then I could manually jog the z axis by pushing the down button and the z axis would go up both stepper working together in the same direction. Then I download the smartto motor tool and was able to switch the direction of all the axis, now x and y home correctly but the z axis still when it wants to home they move in opposite directions. So I tripped the optical switches again and got them to home in the z and now it would move in the right direction when manually jogging but whenever I home the z they want to move opposite. Is there something on the board or in the homing code that is telling the one motor to move opposite the other when homing? There is a picture of the board and the smartto motor screen shot I used to change the direction of the motors. One other thing I have some messed up characters on my lcd screen but only a couple and I have a new board on the way if we can't figure this out. This is a for parts, return by customer of ebay printer from Geeetech.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1650163391715.jpg
FB_IMG_1650163391715.jpg (249.36 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
FB_IMG_1650163368474.jpg
FB_IMG_1650163368474.jpg (171.78 KiB) Viewed 1209 times

gv71

Re: A30T all axis inverted and dual z axis is opposite.

Post by gv71 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:32 am

Got the new board and now it works the touchscreen still has some bad icons so maybe a new screen also. Is there any use for the old board? Could I flash marlin on it and use it for a homebuilt project? Everything seemed to work on the other board but backwards.