$700 A30T died after 2 months

Pavel

$700 A30T died after 2 months

Post by Pavel » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:39 pm

Hi,

Today my A30T died after a painful 2 months life full of problems. RIP

This printer is not a cheap one with price tag of $700. It has a potential but it is a big disappointment. I want to believe that it is just my one that is a bad egg.

- My printer arrived with broken front fan. I received a new one from seller.
- Bed on my printer is slightly warped.
- I installed 3D Touch. In the beginning, it was working as expected but printer made loud popping noise on one of Z axis when compensating for warped bed. After 1 month, 3D Touch started to fail smashing hot end into the bed making holes. Sometime, it released pin into the print and ruined everything. So I removed it.
- My printer suffered from massive stringing. Slicer settings and half length Bowden tubes didn't help.
- My printer randomly stopped during printing with a hot end too cold error even though temperature was high on the LCD and filament was oozing like hell. Good about this printer is that it can recover its print. So I spent long hours watching it printing and pressing resume button to just finish the print.
- Today, during printing, my printer released loud pop from inside and doesn't start anymore. Another large half printed item ready to be binned.

The question is now, what do I do with this $700 worth of trash?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Admin

Re: $700 A30T died after 2 months

Post by Admin » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:50 pm

Hello, you can contact your seller directly. I don't know where you bought the printer. If it is Amazon, you can directly request replacement parts or other requirements.

jokerit

Post by jokerit » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:10 am

I have similar results - A30T is promising a lot, but resaults are pure. My one died after 2 prints, simply board went to hell. Have got a new board, replaced it, but results are not that I,ve expected. All materials are stringing, and nothing either slicer settings not changing PTFE tube changes it. I,ve tried to move extruders on Z axis - it´s better, but not excelent. Hotend is clogging again and again, with every material. I´m very disapointed with this printer.

Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:52 am

Hello, if the hotend gets clogged frequently, increase the temperature when clearing, and then thoroughly clean the hotend and nozzle, and then insert the Teflon tube deeper to avoid clogging.

Pavel

Post by Pavel » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:44 pm

Update...
After some basic troubleshooting, the seller decided to send me a new mainboard. I received it today. Sadly it is a different version. No stepper motor drivers and connectors with different number of pins. :?

The advice about Teflon tube is true. Another thing I do to prevent clogging is, I use all 3 filaments or retract all but one I am using out of hot end.
Stringing on the other hand is something I cannot get rid off.

Bergstrom

Post by Bergstrom » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:11 pm

The unprecedented heatwave baking the Pacific Northwest has claimed as many as 700 lives over the last one week in Canada alone, according to officials, while two people were reported to have died due to a raging wildfire triggered by the heat in the village of Lytton in British Columbia, which had sizzled under a record high temperature of 49.6°C earlier in the week.

advanced md

jokerit

Post by jokerit » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:31 am

Admin wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:52 am
Hello, if the hotend gets clogged frequently, increase the temperature when clearing, and then thoroughly clean the hotend and nozzle, and then insert the Teflon tube deeper to avoid clogging.
This was first I´ve done, but it does not work. For example with PLA I went even to 250deg. Have changed termistor ( possibility it´s wrong) - nothing changed. Have changed PTFE tube several times - nothing at all. A30T is my 7th 3Dprinter, but its hotend is really nightmare for me.

Pavel

Post by Pavel » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:14 pm

I have finally received replacement main board. My printer is working again.
3D Touch, on the other hand, keeps failing. To prevent damage to the new magnetic bed plate, I removed it. Every time carriage with hot end moves, 3D Touch loses power (red LED is Off) and what follows is very unpredictable.

Pavel

Post by Pavel » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:34 pm

Printer is dead again!!!

I have managed to print several test prints and ok looking Benchy. One week of printing and printer stopped working again. :?

I purchased this printer in March and was able to use it only for a few weeks. Rest of the time (months), it was standing while I was waiting for another main board from GEEETECH.

I don't want to wait another month for another main board so I can use it another week before it fails again. This product is clearly defective.

Can anyone from GEEETECH advise me what I can do with this printer, please?

Thank you.

Abyss2021

Post by Abyss2021 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:42 am

Mine died before it finished it’s first print I thought maybe I’d hooked up the touch wrong I ordered a new board with express postage they didn’t ship it express and waited another month for it to arrive I hooked up the new board and started my first print which failed I thought my settings were at fault so I started adjusting them for maybe a week every print was total crap so I thought maybe the nozzle was done and used there spanner to change it I heated up the head put the spanner on and attempted to turn the nozzle the nut just rounded off and I was not able to remove it with grips either so I left it cleaned the nozzle best as I could then made about 15 attempts to get the first layer tuned and it stops halfway thru so back to cleaning again where I notice e3 not pouring thru the nozzle and I’m watching it and notice the reel isn’t turning so I investigate and that there’s a knot tied in the pla how does that even happen so I start unwinding the pla off the roll and find another and another so after spending hours with pla everywhere I fixed the roll dial in the best settings and watch it print the demo cube and it looks like crap disappointed I decided ok let’s try this from cura I load the a30t profile start the print and cura starts printing 3mm above where it should be after a day of screwing with cura I finally decide this isn’t happening so I think we’ll let’s out put the file via my new Geeetech wifi card I open it grab the cable out and notice it needs power ok I had a power supply no prob so got the wifi sorted start a print same crap so I spend a day reading about jerk n acceleration both can’t be adjusted on the a30t

Ive had the machine for almost 3 months my bed is spot on level my auto touch seems to be ok it’s not making weird noise every nut and bolt is tite the pulley tensions seem fine the play is fresh the nozzle is clean and I’m still yet to complete 1 freaking print

I should of known what the T stands for when I bought it

It’s stands for terrible …. I should of bought Something else not this junk it’s total crap