Clogged hotend - Geeetech A30T

MOCCOR

Clogged hotend - Geeetech A30T

Post by MOCCOR » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi, so I spent hours trying to unclog my A30T hotend before I came to ask for help here. 2 of the 3 are clogged and I think I made it worse when using a guide I found from Geeetech here - https://www.geeetech.com/blog/2017/12/3 ... -solution/

I thought I was doing everything right, it only seemed like one of the holes were clogged but upon putting the bowden tube back I noticed a 2nd one was clogged. I noticed if I let the printer run, it does very slowly drip the filament out, but is there a faster way I can fix this? I unclogged the 2 tubes.I changed the nozzle and cleaned that area. The problem is inside the hotend holes themselves unfortunately. I see in the video here - https://youtu.be/M0F5M5616RQ?t=38 - it says to clean out filament with the thimble, but that doesn't seem to get anything for me just like in the video. Anyone have thoughts on what I should try?

Admin

Re: Clogged hotend - Geeetech A30T

Post by Admin » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:17 am

Hello, maybe your cleaning temperature is not enough. It is recommended to increase it by about 10℃, and then try to clean it. It may be that the broken consumables remain in the throat and are difficult to take out.
You can remove the hotend directly to clean it carefully.

MOCCOR

Post by MOCCOR » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:08 am

Admin wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:17 am
Hello, maybe your cleaning temperature is not enough. It is recommended to increase it by about 10℃, and then try to clean it. It may be that the broken consumables remain in the throat and are difficult to take out.
You can remove the hotend directly to clean it carefully.
Well I have been using 240C to let it drip out, but it went from very slow, to extremely slow, to I think nothing coming out. And the tubes still don't fully go in. Do you have any examples of cleaning a A10/20/30T? Like what to use - alcohol, acetone, high heat?I am pretty sure a A30T video doesn't exist. And I know the hotends are good prices, I just figure worst case scenario I have to take it all out and put one back in, so I may as well try to fix this one and learn from it. Thanks for any info

Admin

Post by Admin » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:08 am

Hello, the above video is the cleaning video. You can pass a thicker thimble (that’s included with the printer), so that the consumables will stick to the thimble, and then take out the clogged consumables little by little and clean up slowly That's it.

MOCCOR

Post by MOCCOR » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:58 am

Admin wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:08 am
Hello, the above video is the cleaning video. You can pass a thicker thimble (that’s included with the printer), so that the consumables will stick to the thimble, and then take out the clogged consumables little by little and clean up slowly That's it.
I decided to just take the hotend apart. Just curious, is there any replacement thermistor parts to buy? Mine looks a little toasty/brown, though I am pretty sure it works fine cuz it has always worked fine, it wouldn't hurt to just buy another just in case. Also does a replacement hotend come with a thermistor? Thanks for the info as always

Bolsen

Post by Bolsen » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:17 pm

Hello, I think for commercial cleaning business the most effective cleaning equipment is a professional steam cleaner. It will allow you to get your house shiny and clean in half the time. In general, steam from a steam cleaner does a good job on grease or food stains in the kitchen, as well as mold and mildew in the bathroom and toilet. It also quickly removes light stains from upholstered furniture, freshens textiles and leaves of houseplants, and disinfects children's toys.