Help.. awful manuals, trying to get started.. A30T

fasteddy13

Help.. awful manuals, trying to get started.. A30T

Post by fasteddy13 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:26 pm

Hi..

Finally got the test print done (dog) and we are very impressed by the print quality.. But boy are we struggling to get some of this stuff setup..
We prefer Cura, and although we managed to get the supplied profile files loaded, cant see the A30T on the list of printers, is a json file needed?
So we had a look at Repetier, but as we do not want to connect our printer to the computer (not practical) and just want to use the sd card, we simply cant work out how to set it up for our printer. Looks to be decent software but the few instructions from Geeetech were how to set it up by connecting it to the PC and we see nothing about just using the sd card.

Also, we installed the auto level sensor but it just keeps coming up with an error saying it failed and the print head (and sensor) remain in the home position. Have levelled the bed manually for the test print but no repsonse from Geeetech yet..

The A30T seems to be a nice printer, but the instructions, including what can be found on Geeetechs site, seems terrible and I have read a lot of posts on this forum that say the same.. sigh.. Hope you guys can give a little guidance..

Admin

Re: Help.. awful manuals, trying to get started.. A30T

Post by Admin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:57 pm

Hello, if you want to use online printing, you can use Cura, a slicing software, which is free and powerful.
Regarding how to connect to the computer, you can search for driver-related content in the forum. You need to download the driver now before you can connect the printer to the computer.
Regarding the 3dtouch problem, it may be that the 3dtouch does not match the firmware. You can try to update the firmware. In addition, you can also check whether the 3dtouch cable is correct.

fasteddy13

Post by fasteddy13 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:05 am

Hi..
Thank you for the response.. Cannot (and do not want to) connect to the computer, just want to use the sd card to load g-code..
Had a response from Geeetech (thanks Judy) who gave me a link to a video showing how to setup Cura ;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9x9de4 ... LL&index=5
This was a huge help and I now have Cura running fine.

3d touch cables are correctly connected, can make the probe go up and down ok, but will not reference itself. Will check firmware, what version do I need?

fasteddy13

Post by fasteddy13 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:10 am

Hi..

Printer has 1.02.03 firmware, looking at the A30T section on Geeetechs website, under 'Download A30T files' under the section 'Related Software' is a file called 1.02.03 and this seems to be the highest number so am guessing this is the latest firmware, even though I could not see the word 'firmware' near it.

If that is the case, then our printer does have the latest firmware and this is not the likely reason that the 3d touch does not work.