BLTouch on A30T

ramponeau

BLTouch on A30T

Post by ramponeau » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:11 pm

Hello, I installed a BLTouch on my A30T (firmware v1.01.02, hardware v1.03). Wiring according to the Geeetech diagram (3-wire connector: brown wire at the top, red in the middle and orange at the bottom on the left connector. 2-wire connector: Black at the top and white at the bottom on the right connector). On power-up, the BLTouch lights up red and the probe makes two round trips. In the Control / leveling / autolevel menu, I click on 3dtouch, then autolevel on, everything seems normal, but when I click on push-pin down, the probe does not descend. If I lower the probe by hand, it goes up by itself by clicking on push-pin up. I noticed one thing, if I move the probe by hand, sometimes the BLTouch will start blinking and no other solution than to turn off the printer to get back to normal. Other than bad wiring or the faulty BLTouch, I don't see what to do. If anyone has an idea, I'm interested.

Camper58

Re: BLTouch on A30T

Post by Camper58 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:56 pm

Geeetech A30T 3-in-1-out auto leveling mix color 3d printer mix printing to the masses with its simple menu system displayed on a 2.8" color IPS touch screen.

MOCCOR

Re: BLTouch on A30T

Post by MOCCOR » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:13 am

ramponeau wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:11 pm
Hello, I installed a BLTouch on my A30T (firmware v1.01.02, hardware v1.03). Wiring according to the Geeetech diagram (3-wire connector: brown wire at the top, red in the middle and orange at the bottom on the left connector. 2-wire connector: Black at the top and white at the bottom on the right connector). On power-up, the BLTouch lights up red and the probe makes two round trips. In the Control / leveling / autolevel menu, I click on 3dtouch, then autolevel on, everything seems normal, but when I click on push-pin down, the probe does not descend. If I lower the probe by hand, it goes up by itself by clicking on push-pin up. I noticed one thing, if I move the probe by hand, sometimes the BLTouch will start blinking and no other solution than to turn off the printer to get back to normal. Other than bad wiring or the faulty BLTouch, I don't see what to do. If anyone has an idea, I'm interested.
They have a YouTube with lots of good guides. In the video guide, it says to push down, up, down, then start the auto leveling. Sometimes it randomly gets stuck. The fix for that, is to just back out of the settings and go back in. And when you see a tiny blue light flash at some point, that's how you know its gonna be fine