Problems following blown 4988 stepper driver

Nobbyy

Problems following blown 4988 stepper driver

Post by Nobbyy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:17 pm

Hi all - hope that someone can help me please.

Recently my A30 blew a stepper driver - went in a very spectacular way with sparks and flames!

I was not sure if it took the motherboard out as well, but I thought that I would try replacing the stepper driver first.

I have plugged it in and the unit powers up and the LCD screen works and I am able to navigate with it, but none of the steppers work.

When I go into the info screen everything is blank.

I thought that maybe updating the firmware may resolve the situation (grasping at straws I know) - when a USB cable is plugged in a new com port appears in device manager so I think that the board is working on some level, but when I try to connect to it via the Smatto firmware tool it does not seem to connect - I have had lots of error messages eg 'cannot make serial port object' which all seem to point to the computer not communicating properly with the motherboard.

I seem to be going around in circles and would really appreciate any thoughts on how I can resolve this.

Admin

Re: Problems following blown 4988 stepper driver

Post by Admin » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:18 pm

Hello, the situation you mentioned is very serious, you need to find a solution in the ticket of geeetech.

Admin

Re: Problems following blown 4988 stepper driver

Post by Admin » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:18 pm

Hello, the situation you mentioned is very serious, you need to find a solution in the ticket of geeetech.