Micro swiss direct drive extruder and hot end?

DmelloMarfi

Micro swiss direct drive extruder and hot end?

Post by DmelloMarfi » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:22 pm

I hope to be installing a Micro Swiss direct drive extruder and hot end kit on my Geeetech A30 in a couple of days.
My hot end clogged up a couple times in a row this past weekend. I went through a couple of Bowden tubes. Then I realized it was time to take the hot end apart. Come to find out my heat break was loose.That explains the multiple clogs. I've also been having intermittent bed leveling problems since I 1st got the A30 over year ago. I think I know why now. After the multiple clogs I figured I would upgrade to direct drive.
The whole Micro Swiss all metal extruder and hot end kit was less than a $100 and with the PTFE tube not going all the way down to the heat break it should minimize clog issues.
There are direct drive kits out there for 40 bucks or so. After piecing together a systems that has an all metal extusion system and a better hot end I realized it would end up costing me about the same or more than the Micro swiss all in one.
Included is a picture of my hot end disassembled Showing the hot end control board and the info on the Micro Swiss System I bought.

I just finished ripping the frame of my A30 apart and putting it back together again after bending and twisting the metal plate that holds The heat bed and hot plate.
It was bent when I 1st got it and the matter how much I rotated the eccentric nut On the right hand side of the hotbed assembly the wheels would still move freely and not contact The metal extrusion support on the right.
I was excited to get printing again after I resolved that issue. Unfortunately that's who my multiple clogs occurred.

I plan on going with a dual fan system 4 nozzle cooling.
My plan is to connect the 2 Nozzle cooling fans up to the fan 1 and 2 spot. Then the hot end cooling fan to the fan slot in lower left hand corner of the board. I also purchased the G Tech 3-D touch that I will be installing. I'm not sure what pins to connect that to. If you could kindly just circle pins on the picture and let me know what pins to connect the 3D touch to It would be greatly appreciated.

Also will my plan for the fan connection give me a 100% fan Speed on the hot end when the printer is running and variable speed based on G code settings or other controls on the to other 2 fans for the nozzle cooling?