Honest opinion on GEEETECH A30!!

William
Site Admin

Re: Honest opinion on GEEETECH A30!!

Post by William » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:19 pm

Hello, a30 supports both cura and repeter-host, please rest assured to use. :D
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

L33roy

Post by L33roy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:14 am

So after some more testing I can say that for the price I am not exactly pleased with the printer in its entirety. Whilst its test file came out brilliant, Marlin, RepRap, Repeteir flavored files in gcode from Cura and repetier when printed via USB or SD card are all coming out terribly in comparison to my $200 cocoon printer.

Today's test was the exact same file, same flavor, same everything. Auto level on the printer didnt work, it needed significant test and adjust of the individual adjustment wheels during print to get it to print reasonably close to the base and evenly The auto adjust just wasnt doing so with consistent distance between bed and nozzle when it did its leveling check.

I know fully well as I repeated flushing the nozzle after 2 tests and the fillament came out without issue that there is no blockage yet the flow rate of the A30T was inconsistent. I cant understand why this printer has so many damn issues with files that a cheap hobby printer is able to excel at. Even prints that start out great end up with 5~7mm X or Y shift with no reason at all, i put the same SD in the cocoon and it prints the part without this issue, so I know the gcode file is good as the other printer whilst smaller and slower (annoying as I need to print a lot of parts and want to set the printer to do them all overnight) it is consistently outperforming.

so my questions at this stage are as follows:
1: I have already reported issues with the gantry sensors not properly stopping the Z movement and resulting in excessive negative movement which has gouged massive groves in my print bed. Is this something that is being addressed in a later update so that these sensors produce an absolute stop to negative Z movement when tripped and arent overwritten by the file or some other weirdness that is going on?

2: what was the test file sliced with? I have seen several different software slicers mentioned throughout the forum, can you confirm what was used and the specific settings so that I can repeat the tests I have done using the same slicer and settings to confirm it isnt anything coming from the 3 slicers I have tried and their various settings which could be causing this impact?
before it is suggested to check the forums/youtube and google I will point out that is why I have so far tried 3 different slicers where I was only using Cura before without any issue and yes I have ensured I am using the latest Cura software. As well as Cura and Repetier Host, I have scliced and tried with ideamaker and Slic3r with no additional success. Various adjustments to offset, print and bed temp/speed, 2 different filaments both 1.75mm PLA and both filaments tested in my cocoon printer without any issue.

Cheers,

Marcellus

Post by Marcellus » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:13 am

Hello

The problem is the firmware smartto! Smartto severely restricts the user. Hardly any adjustments are possible, as for example with marlin.
You buy that printer? I do that mistake too. :oops: :cry:

All other 3d-printer can pause while printing with sd-card with the gcode. Not printer with smartto. We cant use the nice cura functions. Smartto just make problems.

Hello Geeetech delete smartto from all your pc and printer please, then install marlin! All your customers are angry, just look at the forums. WE HATE SMARTTO!!! :twisted:

Please give us a fast and simple method to pause with gcode (for example at layer xx) and then resume with the LCD-button, while printing from SD-Card. And for ALL A30 Versions. All other method are not good!

Greets from an angry customer! :evil:

Ironcastaway

Post by Ironcastaway » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:10 pm

Purchased 6 units (3 A30T and 3 A20T) and all have layer shifting. Terrible quality control and smartto limits the features I want to use. The A20T's I was able to resolve the issue by going to Marlin firmware. A30T's cannot go to Marlin and continue to have layer shifting.