Firmware Upgrade - Nothing shows up

SinnedNima

Firmware Upgrade - Nothing shows up

Post by SinnedNima » Sun May 31, 2020 3:35 am

Hello everyone,

i can't get the firmware upgrade to work. I searched though many posts and tried to do everything according to the readme in the archive from the frimware in the download section. I tried the latest method that is pinned on the boards and so on.

The printer does turn on, but if i try to access the sd card i can't see the gcode files, and the screen blacks out randomly. I even tried to compile Marlin to get it going on this mess but can't flash it either.
Please help me what am i doing wrong?

Am i the only one who can't access geeetech.com/firmware ? The side refuses the connection.

And if i can't get it to work, do someone want to have a nearly new geeetech A30 with a firmware issue? I'm nearly fed up with this garbage pile... :cry:

Best regards

SinnedNima

William
Site Admin

Re: Firmware Upgrade - Nothing shows up

Post by William » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:31 am

Hello, sorry for the late reply, have you tried the following operations?
Update the firmware first, then update the UI.
Firmware upload instruction .rar
(134.35 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
how to update ui file1.rar
(24.02 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

SinnedNima

Post by SinnedNima » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:13 am

Hi William,

i tried it again with the instructions you provided and did anything accordingly. I'm only getting to the point where i can barely use the UI but it shows nothing in the "About" section in the settings and if i try to move the head, it doesn't react. After a few seconds the screens resets itself goes black and im at the home screen of the ui.

I tried nearly all A30 packages that are available for download. That sucks so hard. :oops: :cry: .

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:40 am

Hi,what is your screen?
B2LD1_{HKE53}[_CV2NBFJT.png
B2LD1_{HKE53}[_CV2NBFJT.png (620.25 KiB) Viewed 6583 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

SinnedNima

Post by SinnedNima » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:48 am

Hi there,

sorry for the delayed answer. I will have to disassemble the unit. For that i do fear that i will have to do that in july.
I'm in the middle of moving to another city. I will reach out to you when i'm done with the whole moving stuff.

Best regards
SinnedNima

Thrutheframe

Post by Thrutheframe » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:56 pm

I seem to face the same issue. A friend passed me his A30 to see how I can help. When i went into the info screen there is no info at all. Not a good start. it is unable to communicate with any part of the printer. No temperature reading, cannot move the XYZ steppers. Can navigate the different screen, but otherwise a zombie. The Motherboard is a GTM32 Mini S.
info screen 01.jpg
info screen 01.jpg (208.02 KiB) Viewed 6216 times

So I try to install the firmware A30-M07_v1_59.bin with the Firmware Upgrader Tool via USB. I got this error message. I checked the motherboard USB driver which is FT232 and ensure that the correct driver is installed on the PC. It uses COM4. I tried to upgrade it again. still same error message.
com error.jpg
com error.jpg (148.72 KiB) Viewed 6216 times
USB driver.jpg
USB driver.jpg (278.19 KiB) Viewed 6216 times

Below is how I connected the usb to the motherboard directly. A green led light does flash with I try to upload the firmware, after the error msg, it goes off.
IMG_20200625_201929.jpg
IMG_20200625_201929.jpg (269.43 KiB) Viewed 6216 times
my LCD screen is the one on the top.

I am at a lost on what to do next to bring this printer back again. please advice. thanks.

jbleoo

Post by jbleoo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:21 am

my LCD screen is blank I have no clue how to update the LCD I have tried the file and I am doing something wrong.
it all started after a update of the firmware. now the screen will not turn on

I have a a30t and the GTM32 MINI control board and Touch Screen will not come on at all.
it had no memory card in it all all? should it?