Stepper driver voltages

BobaLives

Stepper driver voltages

Post by BobaLives » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:31 am

So I have been adjusting and adjusting and adjusting my stepper drivers between .75 and 1.1, I tried all different in-between voltage combos to get rid of lines in the skin. They happen randomly, like every 1/4 inch to 3/4 inch up the print. I've slowed the print, I've reduced jerk, I adjusted different cura settings. they keep happening. Has anyone figured out a sweet spot on the voltages for X,Y,Z to run at to get rid of lines or layer shifts. Or any other way to smooth out the prints?? It's getting frustrating... I just want smoother prints.

Do I need to add dampeners, or grease the z rods, get new rollers?? PLEASE can anyone share how they fixed or got there A30 to print smoothly??
Attachments
lines.jpg
lines.jpg (544.35 KiB) Viewed 7332 times

William
Site Admin

Re: Stepper driver voltages

Post by William » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:45 am

Hi,you can check whether your z-axis fixing plate is shaking, whether the z-axis is bent, and whether the machine is loose.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

DrPop

Post by DrPop » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:28 am

@BobaLives - the sad part about this, is that looks better than probably 95% of all the prints we've done with our A30 in the last two years, and that's even after spending on some serious upgrades. I think it's down to the firmware in this board is just not up to par. Every time I go to use it I wish I would have just purchased something with a regular Marlin firmware board inside, etc. Oh well.

jbalat

Post by jbalat » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:22 pm

I’m getting the same issues, I did add some grease which made it better but yeh the tops of the rods are shaking, especially the right one.

I am doing a 3 day print and after day 1 it’s like the z axis just got stuck and the printer kept going over the same layer over and over. I decided to pause it while I have dinner but when I got back it had restarted by itself and started printing normally again

Anything I can do? Is it z voltages ?
Attachments
8718C7A5-25A3-41B5-9746-CF1BFDB6F330.jpeg
8718C7A5-25A3-41B5-9746-CF1BFDB6F330.jpeg (428.25 KiB) Viewed 6905 times