Having fun learning my new printer, a Geeetech A30, but could use some help dialing in my settings.

reo99

Having fun learning my new printer, a Geeetech A30, but could use some help dialing in my settings.

Post by reo99 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:16 am

I've printed calibration cubes galore, a few Pokemon figurines for my kids, and even a collet wrench for my CNC. I decided to try the standard benchy to help dial in my settings. I used Slic3rPE as the slicer with a recommended profile for my machine and started with the stock settings (225c hotend, 60c bed) and I'm using Amazonbasic's red PLA. Most everything came out well but there was plenty of stringing and sagging while bridging the windows. I then printed several at gradually lower temperatures (first layer always at 225, the rest at 220, 210, 200, 190) while leaving most of the other settings stock except speed and enabling retractions. I did end up slowing everything way down, especially the first layer, small perimeters, and bridging. I all but eliminated the stringing but the sagging over the windows has continued with little change through out the whole process.

William
Site Admin

Re: Having fun learning my new printer, a Geeetech A30, but could use some help dialing in my settings.

Post by William » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:03 am

Hi, maybe better than trying to optimise bridging performance is trying to avoid bridges to begin with.
If possible, reorient your part on the build plate so less bridges are required or add supports to your bridges.
With supports under your bridge, it won’t be able to droop as much.
I hope this can help you.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!