SOLVED - Auto leveling bug, Z Axis goes up only

Mitch95

SOLVED - Auto leveling bug, Z Axis goes up only

Post by Mitch95 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:28 pm

Hey :)

I got a reaaally weird Problem, i installed a 3d Touch, updated the Firmware and tried to get it working. When i hit auto Level, it drives to the center of the XY Axis, but then the Z Axis just goes up. It seems like the 3d Touch allways hits anything (but the is nothing for sure).
I heard about some other User here, with the same Problem.
It seems like by this user a Pull-Up/Down resistor was bad or not right welded, but by my printer is the resistor allright...
Do you guys can help me with this?

And whats the best Firmware to use with the 3D Touch? I got the V1.58 LCD Firmware and the V1.37 S-File.
Hardwareversion: 3.2

Thank you and if i find a solution, i will update this post. :P
Last edited by Mitch95 on Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: Auto leveling bug, Z Axis goes up only

Post by William » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:30 pm

-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Mitch95

Re: Auto leveling bug, Z Axis goes up only

Post by Mitch95 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:36 pm

Do you think the Firmware is the Problem? I think i got the newest one, and the update process works well.
Or can someone give me a link for the newest 3d touch Firmware?

Infidel

Re: SOLVED - Auto leveling bug, Z Axis goes up only

Post by Infidel » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:47 am

I don't see a solution in this thread at all.

MakerKJS

Post by MakerKJS » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:39 am

There is no solution here! I have followed the link and updated the firmware and the A30 still only goes to the middle of the build platform and jumps up about 3 times in 40mm jumps then nothing.
Also the LCD display doesn't match any YouTube video or guide online that shows a "3d Touch" switch in the auto level menu... How am I not on the latest version if it says I am on the v1.38.58?

Infidel

Post by Infidel » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:14 am

The problem is your internal SD card on the LCD. It needs to be updated with the latest system folder, the S BIN file I think its 38 and a config file to execute the bin file. Next once you get the calibration screen that allows you to choose between the CAS and 3d Touch, turn off auto-leveling and select the 3d touch. This solved my problem. The original files don't let you choose between touch and CAS and the default is CAS.

Infidel

Post by Infidel » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:21 am

I have solved the problem. If you haven't found your internal SD card on the LCD, open up your console and take it out. Its spring loaded like the one on the side of the control box. You have to add some files to it. You need the system folder from the firmware download, the Binary file for the LCD. Its the one with the low numbers and has an S in the name. You will also need a config.txt file that you have to make. Here is a link:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=61780&p=106368.

Directions are OK, but he chooses the M file which is wrong.

Lastly, when you get it back up, you have to choose the 3d touch over the CAS. That is on the autolevel page. Have to turn off auto level to change it. If you don't, it will still go up. Once i found this final piece all is OK. woohoo as they say.

I solved this today. Its been a month since I got my printer and a hell of a time loading firmware and getting the touch to work. If you have trouble running Smarto? Its your font scaling has to be no more than 100% or you won't get the buttons on the bottom.