Chat about Cura 4 Settings and the A30.

Sa1Wales

Chat about Cura 4 Settings and the A30.

Post by Sa1Wales » Sat May 25, 2019 8:18 pm

I thought I would try this out on the A30 using the Creatality A10S Pro Profile and just changed the bed and hieght settings to reflect the A30 Buid Volume.
Everything looks fine using the modded Cura and the CR10S Pro Profile, I havent changed any of the settings in Cura just what the mod provides out of the box using the Super Quality -0.12mm setting from the dropdown menu.
Print is in the finale Stages of a xyz calibration cube I will post Photos of my own personal Cura Settings to see if there is any visable differences.

I have posted links to The Video that The First Layer posted about the Mod and the Github mod if anyone wants to give it a shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOn-VNqg2ac

https://github.com/trouch/CreawsomeMod

Just thought It would be good to post here as It is a cool mod that works with the A30 though as the A series are clones of the CR10s ect it should work with all the Geeetech A series and maybe worth a shot. Ill get my A10 down from the attic and try that if this Looks better after printing the Cube.
Last edited by Sa1Wales on Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sa1Wales

Re: Using the Cura 4 CreawsomeMod On the A30

Post by Sa1Wales » Sat May 25, 2019 9:58 pm

Its printing really good though I think there is incompatible End Gcode as the print stops when the print is finished and just sits at where it stops I have done 2 Cubes at the moment 1 super Quality and 1 at standard. Ill post the end Gcode here see if anyone knows why it just stops and dont execute the end code, at the moment I am trying to figure that out.

END GCODE

G91 ;Relative positionning
G1 E-2 F2700 ;Retract a bit
G1 E-2 Z0.2 F2400 ;Retract and raise Z
G1 X5 Y5 F3000 ;Wipe out
G1 Z10 ;Raise Z more
G90 ;Absolute positionning
G1 X0 Y200 ;Present print
M106 S0 ;Turn-off fan
M104 S0 ;Turn-off hotend
M140 S0 ;Turn-off bed
M84 X Y E ;Disable all steppers but Z

Sa1Wales

Post by Sa1Wales » Sun May 26, 2019 7:17 am

First 2 cubes Are my settings, as you can see the Standard and the Super Quality are a lot better on the right side. The Blob on the Standard and Fine are where the Printer finished the print, for some reason after its finished it does not seem to activate the End G-Code.
DSC_0921.jpg
First 2 cubes Are my settings, as you can see the Standard and the Super Quality are a lot better.
DSC_0921.jpg (187.97 KiB) Viewed 11441 times

TheG

Post by TheG » Sun May 26, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi!

Great info, thanks :D May I ask if the A30 worked out of the box for you? Me and some others have a lot of issues printing with the A30, like here: http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 65&t=62087

Since it appears you have a lot better printing results ... what magic did you do? :)

Kind regards

Sa1Wales

Post by Sa1Wales » Sun May 26, 2019 8:39 pm

TheG wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:36 pm
Hi!

Great info, thanks :D May I ask if the A30 worked out of the box for you? Me and some others have a lot of issues printing with the A30, like here: http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 65&t=62087

Since it appears you have a lot better printing results ... what magic did you do? :)

Kind regards
Hi sure I will start posting in the thread you gave the link to, I will upload my personal settings for cura if you want to give it a try. I have some issues with the printer when it arrived it had some problems such as broken extruder lever, the SD Card reader does not work I stripped the power box down and checked the SD connecter re-built Assembled the power box but still the SD card reader does not work, I will request a replacement see if it then works. Also the Z lead Screw is bent in the center I will try and post pics of that if I can set my camera to capture it, the hotend carrage was loose the Bed was loose but after tightening it all up it was ok. I upgraded from my A10 but was it worth the £300+ price I would say yes, but you would think they would be assembled a lot better than they are.

You also have to watch your Bed Leveling as the frame has no Center support only the four corner feet so when your leveling the bed and your hand rests against the frame your adding the wieght of your hand making the Z and X axis to lower slightly so your best bet is to slide the paper under the nozel after you take your hand away. I will try and make videos at what I mean if you dont understamd as I am not that great at explaining. But why they didnt put a center support foot on either side is beyond me as the weight is on the center of the frame and the profile is so long there will be a slight bowing in the center.
on my A10 I used the 3d touch to level the bed but found I ended up with scratches on the bed, So I do it manually on the A30 And as you will see in the photos when I post them My bed is scratch free. I have been using the A30 for about 8 weeks or so, Here are the photo's from the X and Y sides of the Cubes posted above looking at the pics showing in the link you posted I dont have the problems with the wavey Lines.
Attachments
DSC_0923.jpg
DSC_0923.jpg (201.02 KiB) Viewed 11428 times
DSC_0922.jpg
DSC_0922.jpg (199.09 KiB) Viewed 11428 times

Sa1Wales

Post by Sa1Wales » Sun May 26, 2019 9:14 pm

Here is my Cura 4 Profile print a calibration cube with it see how it comes out, Just out of curiosity if you can post a pic after. Had to zip it up as I could not attach the profile as it was.
Geeetech A30 Sa1Wales.zip
Cura 4 A30 Profile
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
It is a 0.3 Low Quality Profile if you want higher Quality just change the 0.3 layer Height to 0.2 or 0.1.

TheG

Post by TheG » Mon May 27, 2019 12:11 am

Wow, thanks! I've updated my cura to 4.0 now (from 3.6) and imported your profile. A test cube is printing at 0.1 now.

Thanks for your hints in regards of leveling, I've checked again even tho I'm pretty sure I can level the beds by now :) I have two Pro B, an A10 and now the A30. Only the A30 is being a diva when it comes to print quality, tho ...

I'll keep you posted on the outcome of the test print and thanks for taking your time to help us debug the A30 print issue!

Sa1Wales

Post by Sa1Wales » Mon May 27, 2019 2:01 am

Cool Hope it comes out a little better the main thing I have is like blobs/pimples the higher I print I have to work out how to fix it. I use this Vase creator to test height of the printer, to see when it goes wrong http://www.huginen.nu/vazy/ on a tall vase I normally get about 200mm High, before it starts leaving blobs. But it is a quick way I find testing height as using spiralize outer contour in the special modes in cura its faster, I would rather wait an hour rather than 10 hours for tests.lol

Steve.

TheG

Post by TheG » Mon May 27, 2019 3:32 am

Hi again!

I've printed a default sized cube in the middle of the print bed in 0.1 and wow, best I ever got out of this printer so far! However, the issue really is bad when prints are larger, thus the closer to the border of the printable area, the worse the print becomes.

To check for this I scaled up a cube 200% and put him in the front left corner of the print space. I will probably do a confirmation print tomorrow with something larger and more complex, but the second test print also came out a lot better than ever before! It appears there is still some small ripple/waving on the Y-Axis, so I'll check the mechanical parts there again.

Sorry for the picture quality...
xaxis.jpg
xaxis.jpg (114.2 KiB) Viewed 11398 times
yaxis.jpg
yaxis.jpg (105.9 KiB) Viewed 11398 times
Zaxis.jpg
Zaxis.jpg (86.02 KiB) Viewed 11398 times
The ripple is pretty good visible here:
ripple.jpg
ripple.jpg (35.74 KiB) Viewed 11398 times

Sa1Wales

Post by Sa1Wales » Mon May 27, 2019 4:47 am

Did you use a larger layer height on the Larger Cube in the bottom pic?
It looks like Thick layer lines to me from the pic, I have scaled to 200% and placed it in the left front Ill try it now.

Steve