vadimnv66

Re: A30 firmware.

Post by vadimnv66 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi !
I http://geeetech.com/firmware/ I see two types of files to download
A30_APP_S_V1.38.61.bin и A30_APP_M_V1.38.61.bin
this is the slave and master
What's the Difference ?
Which one do I need to load into my A30?

Thanks !

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi
:mrgreen:
You can get stable and legacy versions of firmware from here and here for changelog. Attention: Character 'S' in name of bin file(such as A30_APP_S_V1.38.61.bin) means "Slave Device" and 'M' for "Master Device.
source
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

macray76

Post by macray76 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:10 pm

I've downloaded the Smartto firmware app and the two latest firmware files (A30_APP_S_V1.38.61.bin and A30_APP_M_V1.38.61.bin).

The "S" file seems to update fine, says "Success!" and the printer reboots at the end of it.

However, when I try and upload the "M" file, it says it is upgrading and says "Success!" but it doesn't restart the printer. At this point I am unable to press the Settings button on the screen unless I reflash the "S" file again.

Any help please as I want to test the auto-levelling functionality has now been fixed.

macray76

Post by macray76 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:13 pm

I've downloaded the Smartto firmware app and the two latest firmware files (A30_APP_S_V1.38.61.bin and A30_APP_M_V1.38.61.bin).

The "S" file seems to update fine, says "Success!" and the printer reboots at the end of it.

However, when I try and upload the "M" file, it says it is upgrading and says "Success!" but it doesn't restart the printer. At this point I am unable to press the Settings button on the screen unless I reflash the "S" file again.

Oh and I should add that on the settings page the firmware still shows V1.35.61.

Any help please as I want to test the auto-levelling functionality has now been fixed.

Alex-w

Post by Alex-w » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:44 pm

@macray76
M file for screen and S for mainboard. You should upgrade your mainboard first.(as we default)

Alex-w

Post by Alex-w » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:51 pm

@macray76
Sorry, I checked the code and thought that's a bad bug. Now I have fixed it and re-uploaded to Github.
Thx for your report.

essex_chris

Post by essex_chris » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:22 pm

The screen on my A30 tells me i have V1.35.56 and the hardware version is V2.0-null

It was purchased from the Geeetech Amazon UK seller at the end of January 2019

When i look here http://www.geeetech.com/firmware/ i only see up to 1.35.56 which is what is on the A30 already, but when i connect using EasyPrint 3D 1.2.6 it tells me that my printer is 1.00.56

So what do i need to do to update the firmware? I'm having all sorts of unreliability problems. When i finally appear to have a level bed and get a good first layer of a 30mm cube in each corner and in the center, i try to print something else and it's back to being useless.

Tomyuan

Post by Tomyuan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:03 pm

Hi,buddy
I will never recommend others use the EP3D update their firmware(Especially the A30/E180 )
It will update your firmware for the motherboard but LCD won't be update.
It will cause you LCD restart again and again.
Try to refer to this post back your printer to life:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=60740

advil

Post by advil » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:37 pm

Somewhere along the line in the last couple months Geeetech updated their download page with the firmware packages in a nice download order:
https://www.geeetech.com/download.html?download_id=38

You select the A30 and the latest firmware V1.38.59. It comes with both the M and S files. It also comes with the Firmware Upgrader Tool V2.0.

If your V2.0 hardware is anything like my V2.1 hardware the manual bed leveling won't work properly with any firmware version after V1.35.56. But that old version doesn't work properly with the Smartto Motor Tool V1.2 which lets you set extruder steps, velocity, jerk, etc. in the firmware itself which is a very good thing. You CAN set extruder steps with V1.35.56 but not a lot else.

If you flash V1.38.59 you'll be able to set all motor settings properly and printing will pretty much work great... assuming you can find a easy enough way to level your bed.

My solution is to avoid using the LCD control as much as possible. I print directly from OctoPrint anyway and someone made a manual bed leveling wizard a few months ago for it that works GREAT. It does what the LCD should be doing but doesn't.

I use the LCD for just these things: Setting an initial Z offset safely high from the home position only, then save and exit to main menu. From there all leveling is done through octoprint. I also use the LCD to monitor temps and fans when standing at the printer during a print. That's it.

If Geeetech would open up the LCD firmware for us to modify the community could probably sort it out in nothing flat, instead it's been messed up for a year. The LCD should be one of the best features of the printer but since it sends GCode commands itself... and since a lot of them are wrong... and since we can't edit them... the thing just ends up damaging your build plate if you use it.

But don't let that stop you. It's still a heck of a printer. Hopefully the Marlin firmware conversion is done soon and all this will just work itself out.

essex_chris

Post by essex_chris » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:37 pm

Bloody hell this is getting complicated. I'm only on the latest firmware because i started having a blank white screen and contacted support, to have a lengthy chat on Whatsapp and then got given instructions to do all that firmware upgrading, and take the control box apart in order to get to the LCD MicroSD to update that too.

I'll have to try some of what you are suggesting - i only want to be able to calibrate the extruder and sort out some of my printing issues :lol:

Would be interested to know what the Octoprint Levelling Plugin is and will try that.

I purchased a £7.99 capacative leveller with the printer, but it turned out that had a locked up adjustment screw, so i ordered a replacement instead of waiting for the tech support reply - and they then sent one of the copy BLTouch units - but so far i haven't been able to print to the point i am happy with the quality in order to make a mount for it - so currently just manually levelling