great printer, but some troubles

alan.guerzoni

great printer, but some troubles

Post by alan.guerzoni » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:31 am

Hi,
I had some problems in printing quality (pla) in the last 2 months, after quite an year printing perfectly. Now the only problem is under-extrusion.

1) printer starts to print very fragile objects in Z axis. Checking hotbed height, but not solved
2) cleaned the nozzle, problem not solved
3) ERROR BED-TEMP (nozzle at -17 degrees). Solved changing the nozzle.
4) maibe it could be old pla material, dryed it using radiator temperature for a week. Not solved
5) changed material with a new pla filament. Never solved problem
6) here there is the delirium: 2 weeks ago I tried to dismount the head for a check of the situation. Remounted it: ERROR BED-TEMP (nozzle at -17 degrees). 2 days of panic. Changed three different nozzles, but error remained. Finally printer re-started connecting in a better way the head connector. Problem never returned and 2/3 nozzles fonctionning perfectly. Don't ask why...
7) now material didn't grip on glass. Re-calibrated head. Print job started good but under-extrusion from second layer, until nozzle clogged every time and I must stop job.
8) I found that the spring of the gear of the filament extruder was no so hard. Dismounted head and solved perfectly remounting it
9) Tested the extrusion on 100mm test measuring distance on the filament near the head. Extruder pulled only half the distance that should be. Tested the voltage of extruder driver(TMC2100) via multimeter. Result is ok (1.1V) and under-extrusion remains.
10) Finally today, I dismounted the gear of the filament-extruder. Cleaned, but it seems a bit worn-out. I'd like to change it, but I never had idea where to order it. For d200 on Geeetech shop here, I never find it.

Any other suggestion?
Thanks mostly to William for the help until now
Alan

alan.guerzoni

Re: great printer, but some troubles

Post by alan.guerzoni » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:27 am

FOUND SOLUTION!!!

It was bowden cable, maibe occluded of PLA powder of one year intense use!
I remove it and tried to do a printing job. All returned perfect.

In this moment printer is without bowden, and it will be replaced with a brand new "larger" one in a few days

Thanks to all
Alan

alan.guerzoni

Post by alan.guerzoni » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:03 am

Not solved yet!

Probably found a new extruder gear:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/E3D-Titan-Extru ... SwiYlZ~Ebn

Contacting the seller to know the compatibility

alan.guerzoni

Post by alan.guerzoni » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:27 pm

Substitued the gear of extruder.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

If you have this problem you need a Titan Gear Extruder that is compatible

Now the printer is perfect!!
Alan

sophiadevon189

Post by sophiadevon189 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:20 pm

I had some problems in printing quality (pla) in the last 2 months, after quite an year printing perfectly. Now the only problem is under-extrusion.
printer starts to print very fragile objects in Z axis. Checking hotbed height, but not solved
cleaned the nozzle, problem not solved

ERROR BED TEMP nozzle at -17 degrees.Solved changing the nozzle.
maibe it could be old pla material, dryed it using radiator temperature for a week. Not solved
changed material with a new pla filament. Never solved problem
here there is the delirium: 2 weeks ago I tried to dismount the head for a check of the situation.

Changed three different nozzles, but error remained. Finally printer re-started connecting in a better way the head connector. Problem never returned and 2/3 nozzles fonctionning perfectly.