How to fix-E180>The screen displayed not correct or black screen

OwnProx

Re: How to fix-E180>The screen displayed not correct or black screen

Post by OwnProx » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:01 pm

Did not work nor did my E180 even come with a sd card in the screen i had to use another i had lying around tried both Fat & Fat32 tried both lcd data files, tried both available firmware (all 3 if you include the remote one in the firmware updater tool) still nothing 0 lcd there back light is not even on its just pitch black and this was all caused due to a EasyPrint 3d firmware update on my printer, seems hardly fair that your own company's software just broke my printer.

M_Ouz

Post by M_Ouz » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:45 pm

Reach to max failed it says when i try to upgrade lcd please help ?

chicgeekstudios

Post by chicgeekstudios » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:21 am

Same here! I upgrade the firmware from this download https://www.geeetech.com/download.html?download_id=41
used file Firmware version V2.02.02
Motherboard application: E180_M04_V2_02.bin
LCD screen application: E180_S01_V2_02.bin
Suitable for metal nozzles
Which applies to my E180

I cannot rollback to E180_S01_V1_32.bin

I am dead in the fricking water because of a firmware update that was provided by GEEETECH! Thats BS! I have got to get this stuff printed today or else my job is on the damn line!

Can someone please help???!!!!!!!!

EDIT - if I try to use the Firmware Upgrador within EasyPrint 3D, the newest version available shows V1.32.41. It will upgrade the mainboard successfully but fails every time on the LCD firmware.

chicgeekstudios

Post by chicgeekstudios » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:54 am

William wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:51 am
psqdny wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:16 pm
William wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:41 am
maybe you need this:E180-V2.02.02版-去掉密码.rar
Motherboard application: E180_M04_V2_02.bin

Motherboard boot program: MotherBoot_bootloader_V1.0.bin

LCD screen application: E180_S01_V2_02.bin

LCD screen boot program: LCD_E180_bootloader_V2.0.hex
The SD card needs to be formatted before use, as shown in the attached picture. Note that when unplugging and inserting the SD card on the computer, the SD card needs to be ejected first and then removed.

The motherboard boot uses the "Flash Loader Demo" programming tool for programming, and the motherboard application uses the "firmware_tool_V2.0" programming tool for programming and must be the firmware_tool tool of version V2.0 or later.

The screen guide uses the ST-LINK emulator for burning, and the firmware is LCD_E180_bootloader_V2.0.hex; the application uses the "firmware_tool_V2.0" burning tool for burning, and the file is E180_S01_V2_02.bin, or the ST-LINK When recording, fill in the address as 0x08010000.

When the firmware is burned, the boot file is burned first, and then the application file is burned.
Hello. Where i can find "firmware_tool_V2.0"?

My printer is not working after trying to upgrade the firmware.
My LCD board is like show @Mustye180.
Yesterday before upgrading the firmware with EasyPrint, i had v2 firmware. My printer have metal hotend, it seems like MK8.

Please help me to upload correct firmware.
Thank You.
-----------------------------

I made it. My printer works like before.
frimware_tool_v2.0 i found here -> https://www.geeetech.com/download.html?download_id=40
Before i didn't see it becouse there need to click on plus + Firmware Toolkit For Geeetech Printer to see file for windows.

firmware E180-V2.02.02 i had download from here -> https://www.geeetech.com/download.html?download_id=41
Awesome! :D
I tried updating with the files in the .rar in Williams post above. It showed that it successfully update the motherboard & the LCD in the Firmware Toolkit V.20 software but the LCD is still black and the printer keeps rebooting itself.

I am so thoroughly disgusted!

chicgeekstudios

Post by chicgeekstudios » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:29 am

I finally figured out that there is an SD card behind the actual LCD screen. I removed it, reformatted to FAT32, copied the following files to it:
E180_S01_V2_02.bin
config.txt
and also the entire system folder that was located in the UI folder.

While the (LCD) SD card was out of the printer, I uploaded the E180_M04_V2_02.bin file using the toolkit v2.0. It said it was successful and it restarted. I turned the printer off, put the SD card back in, powered it back up, loaded the E180_S01_V2_02.bin file with the toolkit v2.0 and then i get an the following error: Upgrading failed! Detail: Reach to max tried!

I am at my wits in! I sure wish someone could help me!Image
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (42.58 KiB) Viewed 12533 times

chicgeekstudios

Post by chicgeekstudios » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:19 am

I was finally able to get it back to the old firmware (E180_M04_V1.bin)

These are the steps that I followed:

Removed SD card from behind the LCD screen. Reformatted the card. Copied the E180_S01_V1_32.bin, config.txt & the entire system folder from the UI folder.
Insert the SD card into the back of the printer. Turned printer on.
Uploaded the E180_M04_V1.bin using the v2.0 toolkit, Uploaded the E180_S01_V1_32.bin using the toolkit. Turned off printer. Took the SD card out from the back of the printer & put into SD slot behind the LCD. Still was black. Turned printer off.

Removed SD card from behind LCD, put into my laptop. Looked at the config file & it had changed the data so I put the string back as boot:1;bin_name:E180_S01_V1_32.bin; like it should be. Put SD back into slot behind LCD. Powered up and it worked!

RichardL

Post by RichardL » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:47 am

Hello,

My E180 LCD screen become black after I flash the LCD using the E180-V2.02.02 following guideline in the zip file. The E180 has a MK8 type hot end , no wifi and the LCD do not need resident SD card to work before I flash latest LCD firmware.

My LCD screen do not have the pins installed, so it is the bottom screen shown in the previous post.
download/file.php?id=8126

I had tried various methods and I brick the motherboard a few times and thanks for the previous post from William regarding reflash bootloader into the motherboard, the motherboard is now working. From Easyprint3D, my motherboard now has a firmware V2.xx.51 I also followed the detailed step by step guide from chicgeekstudios (thanks but sorry it doesn't work for me) but the LCD still black. I can print using Octoprint but I still not able to get the LCD work (black, no back light and nothing on screen) again.

Any help on how to flash the bootloader back to LCD using ST-Link will be appreciated.

Regards,

Richard

RichardL

Post by RichardL » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:49 pm

Ok, I am happy to report I fixed the issue by reprogram the LCD STM32 chip using ST-Link. The faulty board after I upgrade the firmware using official bin files has two of four pins socket next to the CPU. The bottom socket is actually a port can use to reprogram the chip. Do not use any bin/"official firmware" provided by "official" anywhere. I been trying these "official" firmware and they are useless. I duplicated the chip content of a good E180 screen and transfer to the one that is black in the last few months. It work beautifully. Absolutely no SD card needed to be resident behind the LCD screen.
Golden rule. If your printer works, DO NOT UPGRADE FIRMWARE.