A10 Superplate Coating Peeling Off - Wrong Cleaner?

Oli

A10 Superplate Coating Peeling Off - Wrong Cleaner?

Post by Oli » Thu May 02, 2019 8:16 pm

Hi all,

soo.. after going through several iterations of 3D printers, I finally found a cheap one that prints with nice quality and has open source firmware: the A10.

I'm currently finishing a big project and print quite a lot. I'm swiping the plate with alcohol and see a spot. I assume it's fat or oil and wipe a bit harder. The spot is getting bigger. And there's also some residue. Turns out it was the coating I was rubbing off. Since I figured I had to order a replacement part anyway I rubbed it off completely to see if I could still use it, and, well, it still does stick, but the printed surface isn't as flat anymore. Still okay-ish, but not perfect.

So I ordered a new heatbed with Superplate (I've tried removing a glued glass sheet from a heatbed once, and.. it was not nice). Now, 45€ poorer, I'm wondering how to clean the plate in the future without having to worry that the coating peels off again. So far (and on other printers without issue) I've used a mix of 35% ethanol, 25% 2-propanol and water. That should be fine, shouldn't it?

Cheers
Oli

William
Site Admin

Re: A10 Superplate Coating Peeling Off - Wrong Cleaner?

Post by William » Sun May 05, 2019 2:43 pm

Hi, I think you can after using a solid glue or adhesive sticker, you need to use a spatula to scrape the entire hotbed when the sticker is worn.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Oli

Re: A10 Superplate Coating Peeling Off - Wrong Cleaner?

Post by Oli » Sat May 11, 2019 9:12 pm

Thanks. My replacement part came, but I'm using the old one with hairspray for now.. just still curious if it's okay to use the ethanol/2-propanol solution to clean the Superplate..?