What do you think about Geeetech's printers?

MarvinGomes

What do you think about Geeetech's printers?

Post by MarvinGomes » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi, I'm new to 3d-printing, and I was looking to buy a 3D printer for home use. Sadly, I don't have much money so is the highest price I can pay for a printer. Because most of the American websites offer expensive printers (or printers that are out of my budget) I first took a look in eBay. By the way, I prefer to purchase a Prusa i3 because the huge documentation and the fair price. However, it looks a little bit too good to be true. Sadly, I have no much exprience in the 3D printing world or RepRap (thoguh I have some experience with Arduino, & RasPi).

So, my question is: Does this printer really worth my money? Does it use high quality parts though the tiny price, or the parts are low quality and tend to stop working after a few weeks or months? If you have an experience with the printer, it would help me a lot if you"ll tell me a little bit about your experience with this printer (or Geeetech's printers in general).fedloan irs.gov easybib
Last edited by MarvinGomes on Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: What do you think about Geeetech's printers?

Post by William » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:40 pm

:D Hi,You can view it on the product details page.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:47 am

Buy A10 with black glass named Superplate. But mention, that transportation problems of big shocks are not solved up to 19/8 by Geeetech. Printers are very good and nice packaged in relative small form box, but sometime transportation shocks often are too big and some parts are misaligned by these shocks (you get near assembled printer, after 10-20 mins you can do bed leveling via enclosed nice instruction sheet and printing). So Geee, please do some crash tests with your packages, very long vibration shocks etc. to make packaging more rugged. Maybe some softer materials? Or add air bubbles?

So tight all screws, re-set (tight) all wheels except the right ones at X axis.

Geeetech, please use 5010 fan instead of 4010 in system unit. It will be quieter and more air flowed into unit. Then you can use higher voltages for stepper drivers. For better handling with ABS add temperature shield to extruder motor - it is heated by hot bed too too now.

As first, calibrate Extruder steps. It will be good, if Geetech print it on the other side of enclosed bed leveling guide...

Then download and slice "filament filter" you like. And put the opened sack from filament onto filament as preservative before dust...

Geeetech printers have solved many problems that you can find after time at competitive similar looking printers. These tiny details are reason why geetech is better than Ender (Creality), Tevo etc.

But please, if you want to print and not solve problems, did not use prUSA printers, they are not from USA, but from small EU country constructed by theoretical programmer without any mechanical knowledge. He solve price problems and make printer extremly low cost that no chinese cutting-cost manager could do it better.
A10M Slic3r profile: here and fresh on github (lot of tips here)
A10 Slic3r profile: here
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:18 am

I slightly disagree. I was begin as totally newbie with 3D printing. I was get printer (costly, not chinese), slicer profile and some tips to recognize right settings. It is not about the printer, if printer is stable. And your printers (I have A10, A10M) are stable after tight and re-align the frame.

When you get gcode from nanufacturer, then printing should be trouble free on assembled and leveled printer. If not, then there is unresolved problem with align. Because Geee printer parts of Axxx models are tested, then there are the main reasons of malfunction that is in my case:

- contact corrosion (need few times to plug-unplug on Z stepper motor)
- small force in screwdriver (I was find loosed screew from Z axis in a box, ability to tight all screws more than 1/4 turn)
- packaging of near assembled printer (misalignation, wheels not tighten to V-profile after some shocks)
- bad output quality control of bed flatness (thick AL bed of A10 is not flat, black glass A10M is not flat), but is it possible after few hours to tune gcode and compromise aligning to successfully print on these surfaces too (you will get few "no-go" zones for small pieces, but big is OK).

Note that free space on the SD card could contain very good informations, print profiles, usefull extensions (like the filament filter, addition for dual colour print without cleaning towers etc). Manufactoring costs - ZERO.

It is not ape criticts, it is constructive what to be the best. I have not installed 3D touch and my printer A10M is not bed leveled more than 4 months, each month it print about 0.5-1kg of ABS. A10 I have now (and more than 1kg is gone).

Design (or download), slice, put to SD card and print.

So now how to print with "one button"? You need to be familiar with slicer of course. The best one is Slic3r and online help. I have prepared profiles with often options on the side and for many of prints it is really "pushbutton-like".

Only if you need some exact details, problematic parts, then no slicer is able to handle that and you need to use text editor to modify gcode and add M117 or temperature changes. My profiles for A10M have implemented temperature curve for ABS which is depend on Z height, so it is "pushbuttonized" more than others.

So I can say - up to single "pushbuttonization" is possible. I use it a lot.
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:54 am

Hi
:mrgreen:

There are a few points I'd like to agree with you on... ;)

Better quality control would save you many recurring problems. These problems are faced by both novice users and those for whom the printer is not new.

Then an opinion is created about the brand and the company.

While a novice can lose patience and complain as much as he can, an experienced user can see positive qualities.
However, it must remove many minor problems it is not good.

At the moment I can say that I have been close to GT for several years. :roll:

So I know that there are good people working there who are trying very hard to achieve customer satisfaction.

But they have different problems.

I wonder if this company's policy is focused on, or how much attention it pays to customer support.

There are a lot of things going on there that a regular customer doesn't even know about. Unfortunately, all this will be reflected in the interior, and it is visible to the customer.

Not necessarily in a positive way.

These are the same business problems that can be encountered in any company in any country.

However, I am still in good spirits, and I know that many efforts are being made. Positive efforts.

All this to create a good product.
But is that enough?

:?:
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:18 am

Yes, Geeetech is good company. I work at mfg company at R+D so I know how hard is to make customer satisfacted and how long way it is. But all time consuming things are for that day does have only 24 hours, family, wife, work and sleep. But if Geee did not make their staff potential bigger to solve mentioned problems, then it could have market loss.

They give 1GB SD card, which is practically EMPTY. Why? Profiles, guides, STLs, Gcodes... Fill it (but aware to licenses). Did not rely to the forum, customers will be more happy that they have infromations at the hand.