Please, review the quality checks...

Fred-D

Please, review the quality checks...

Post by Fred-D » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:50 am

Hi,

I got my Mecreator 2 almost one month ago and I have some suggestions to enhance it:

Please survey the quality check more closely... The printer was simply not working at all when I got it.
-> The backwark extruder plug was not fully inserted, I spent an entire evening before I saw.
-> Once the previous issue was solved I got a "Maxtemp Error". I read some articles and found that's meaning that the thermocouple was making a short circuit somewhere. I finally found it, the thermocouple wire was pinched between the extruder chassis and the derivation box cover.
error.jpg
error.jpg (584.65 KiB) Viewed 7693 times
cut.jpg
cut.jpg (469.06 KiB) Viewed 7693 times
-> Some bearings are rusted... yes rusted out of the box
-> the nozzle out layer was broken.
nozzle.jpg
nozzle.jpg (745.99 KiB) Viewed 7693 times

-> one of the bearings was not correclty mounted
bearing.jpg
bearing.jpg (641.79 KiB) Viewed 7693 times

I already spent 8 hours...

Honestly, I have some doubts about the print sample I found in the box. It's not possible that this printer produced it.

An the sticker "Dear customer, this printer did a 24h test bla bla bla" is just a joke.

Once the main issues were solved, I was able to print my very first model.

It was not complete and under-extruded.
I thought that was my full newbie fault and started a second one, a marvin keychain: better but still under-extruded.
samples.jpg
samples.jpg (603.74 KiB) Viewed 7693 times

I searched for 3 full weeks, learnt the hard way:
- I installed several slicing software as optimizing the settings in repetier host was not working.
-> one interesting thing: normally, there is a link to the config file in the manual, page 44, it's not working
- I learnt to optimize the drivers
- I learnt how to maintain it correctly
- I found dozens articles about the common problems and how to solve them.

Finally I spent a lot of time to get 3 barely usable prints out of dozens. Of course, I blamed myself first as I'm a newbie.

Finally I found one cause: The feeder was faultly. I got doubts from the beginning, now it's confirmed.

In between, I ordered a metal feeder which was 'compatible with the Mecreator 2'. I got it and the orientation was false. I contacted the sales team and of course, it's my fault, I ordered the wrong one... approved by the same team! I asked. Great.

I decided to do something else: I printed one feeder (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:650957)(I was standing 2 hours beside the printer to manually push the filament into the original feeder), modified and installed it. It was working better but not completely.
feeder.jpg
feeder.jpg (543.32 KiB) Viewed 7693 times

I did some tests out of the chassis, it was working better.... Weird... It set it back, it was still blocking. Finally I found that the motor shaft was grinding the front radiator. I made some researches and found that some Makerbot Replicator got a radiator with a 12mm hole in the center, mine was 6. I drilled the center hole to 10mm.

Grinded radiator:
radiator.jpg
radiator.jpg (542.84 KiB) Viewed 7693 times

It's the second day that this printer can be really called a 3d printer.
result.jpg
result.jpg (508.77 KiB) Viewed 7693 times
On the left, your feeder, original parts
On the right, my DIY feeder, same settings.

To summary:

1/ Your quality check is bad and useless
2/ The manual has some errors
3/ The delivered plastic feeder is bad and should be replaced by an metal one
4/ Don't let the sales guys answer to technical questions
5/ Use only parts which have been stored in good conditions. Rusted bearings on a brand new device is just a joke.

My last suggestion: I you really want to continue this way, just drop the price by 2. For the moment, if I'm calculating the efforts and the time I invested, it simply not worthing the 400€ I paid for it.

I really was tempted to buy a DIY printer and finally I spent as much time as I did it.

It was Christmas a few days ago, feel free to refund me half of the price and you will get one of the happiest customer on this planet ;)

soumyaahuja

Re: Please, review the quality checks...

Post by soumyaahuja » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:26 pm

its mandatory to check quality of any thing before use. if that thing was proved damage after buy than you have to go exchange or buy new thing, but it not too easy. and 2nd example if you go for any where with thr personal vehicle and it damage in way than so quality checking is must thanks for the thread. and read irctc log in to go for train to any where, it don't damage on the way.

rishabhj2019

Re: Please, review the quality checks...

Post by rishabhj2019 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:51 pm

quality checking is necessary process because you have paid it for after, so first check quality. no compromising in quality is my principle.