Corrupt firmware reflash problems

Sannox

Corrupt firmware reflash problems

Post by Sannox » Thu May 23, 2019 3:12 am

Hi all,

I've had a geeetech printer standing idle for a few years, went to power it up the other day and I had 2 lines of blocks on the LCD screen flash up, vanish for 10 seconds or so, flash up again and so on. If I unplug the usb lead to my pc, this doesn't happen, only when I'm hooked up to my pc. If I run my repetier host software, I can connect to my printer but the connection is lost when the 2 lines pop up onto the LCD screen on the printer. On the repetier software, there are lines at the bottom where instructions and feedback can be seen, that comes up as random letters/digits, like it's corrupt.

I tried to reflash the software to my gt2560 board and the Arduino software said that port 8 was in use, stop what ever was using it to continue, my 3d printer is on port 8, so I am stuck, can anyone offer any suggestions please?

I am pretty new to 3d printing, when I got the printer, I read through software installation instructions and updated it all ok, building the actual printer was easy enough, I can't code at all.

Prior to this, a few years ago, I was printing things fine.

The board is a GT2560 rev a, I have i3 Pro B software that was uploaded via the Arduino 101 software, the printer was from Amazon, single head, my pc is running windoze 7 enterprise, stupid amounts of processor and RAM etc.

William
Site Admin

Re: Corrupt firmware reflash problems

Post by William » Thu May 23, 2019 9:09 am

Hi, I think you can try to print without connecting to the computer to verify that the printer is normal. Maybe the problem with the port is that you can't connect.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Sannox

Re: Corrupt firmware reflash problems

Post by Sannox » Sun May 26, 2019 2:10 am

I've setup an old laptop, same O/S etc, bunged on the repetier software I use, got Cura on as well, all seems to work ok, so obviously an issue with my main pc, not tried printing as yet but nothing to say it won't print. Got to make sure all ok, bed level blah blah blah :-)