Problem with a I3 ProB

Mattenzen

Problem with a I3 ProB

Post by Mattenzen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Hello
I'm having a big pb with the printer. Everything seems ok, I built it and I can control motors and axis.
I calibrated it with a sheet of paper but when I try to print, nothing happens !
I checkd all the settings but find nothing. Each time I try to print, very very few filament is getting out from the extruder....
When I try to extrude or retract with repetier software, nothing happens...
Is there anybody with the same pb ?
Thx for your help

lezabour

Re: Problem with a I3 ProB

Post by lezabour » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Hey

Probably a Marlin Configuration problem.
You should probably adjust values in the
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE
or something like that

Mattenzen

Post by Mattenzen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi @lezabour
Thx for your answer but how can I check the values that are in main program ?
If I upload the file from https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marli ... figuration, how can I compare values withe the ones inside my printer ?

lezabour

Post by lezabour » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi,

One advice i learn from the geeetech printer : prepare to have multiple "upload" of your firmware to the printer.

basicly, you will need to download the Firmware from the geeetech forum (http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17046)
Then, upload it, it should be the one you need.

If all is not ok, which is more than possible (for example, i had to inverse the direction of motors for Y & Z axies), you need to modify your configuration.h and re-upload it to your 3d printer.

Then, you'ill know what you have in your configuration, and be able to change the Feed Rate to get more filament if not enough.

++

Inferno

Post by Inferno » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:40 am

lezabour wrote:Hi,

One advice i learn from the geeetech printer : prepare to have multiple "upload" of your firmware to the printer.

basicly, you will need to download the Firmware from the geeetech forum (http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17046)
Then, upload it, it should be the one you need.

If all is not ok, which is more than possible (for example, i had to inverse the direction of motors for Y & Z axies), you need to modify your configuration.h and re-upload it to your 3d printer.

Then, you'ill know what you have in your configuration, and be able to change the Feed Rate to get more filament if not enough.

++
The reversal of the Y/Z axis issues can be because of the stepper motors used or the way you view your print table. Not all stepper motors turn the same direction.
When I built my i3 I assigned X to the front/back axis and Y to the side to side axis. It ran backwards. When I swapped the cables and assigned X to side to side and Y to front and back, everything was fine.

Mattenzen

Post by Mattenzen » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:33 pm

@ lezabour : ok I'm gonna try it. I've downloaded the firmwares. Thx for your advices, hope it will work :o