Changing/Loading filament Tip

Soadyheid

Changing/Loading filament Tip

Post by Soadyheid » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:08 pm

Hi,

Any time I've had to change filament I've always found it a pain to insert the new filament in the extruder as the filament end is invariably curved as it comes off the spool so you have to poke around to get it to enter the top of the PTFE feed tube in the middle of the extruder feed assembly especially as it's hidden behind the pinch roll spring.

The solution I'm now using, and it works for PLA and PETG (All I've tested so far), is to stick the curved end of the filament off the spool into a cup of boiling water to soften the filament then pull it straight and allow it to cool. With the extruder heated, make sure you use the extruder cleaning rod to clean out the old filament then it's easy to feed the new filament straight down into the extruder! :D

Hope this is of some use.

Play Bonny!

Soadyheid

William
Site Admin

Re: Changing/Loading filament Tip

Post by William » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:45 am

Thank you for sharing!
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

brownlee00

Re: Changing/Loading filament Tip

Post by brownlee00 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:23 am

On your tires, of course. Particularly on the inside of the rim. But you can also find Schrader valves on dampers: those of a suspension fork or rear silencer of a full-suspension mountain bike. Presta valves were invented by the same man who later founded Zéfal, one of the leading manufacturers of bicycle pumps. difference between schrader and presta valve