3D Touch sensor keeps flashing red!

tunkor

3D Touch sensor keeps flashing red!

Post by tunkor » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:15 pm

What's up guys. I just got a 3D touch sensor on my Ender 3. I have connected the sensor and installed various versions of Marlin. I have tried 1.1.9, 2.0 and various TH3D version. I followed a video of Teaching Tech of installing a BLTouch sensor on Marlin, I also followed this guide for a TH3D version.

Here is an album with how I have wired the sensor, 5V and GND are connected on the front of the board, Z stop is in the Z stop connector and the remaining wire (don't know what this one is for) is connected to PIN 29. It's soldered on the back and I have it set to PIN 29 in the firmware so no issues there. Most people use PIN 27 and use a connector but I didn't want to wait for shipping.

I can't send any codes related to the sensor over USB. Codes to stop the flashing alarm, or to retract the pin etc. all do nothing. I spend all morning trying to get it working but with no luck, so I thought I would try here.

When I connected the sensor on my previous TH3D firmware (which wasn't set up for a sensor) I didn't have any flashing and it actually calibrated the pin. Once I started flashing new firmware for the sensor I got the error.

I hope someone can help me, thanks in advance.

William
Site Admin

Re: 3D Touch sensor keeps flashing red!

Post by William » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

KendoMcCaff

Post by KendoMcCaff » Thu May 23, 2019 6:39 pm

i've reset my 3d touch this way also to stop the blinking. As soon i send commands gcode or lcd it starts blinking again.
Does this screw have a sweet spot or is there something else very wrong with it?

Barleypops

Post by Barleypops » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:13 am

There's an update on GitHub for the code changes if you have a BLtouch v3

Worked for me