Hey William or Mark

daveapplemotors

Hey William or Mark

Post by daveapplemotors » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:58 pm

Do you have a working 3D touch sensor on a Geeetech Prusa i3 A pro like mine?

If so can you help by posting the config. and pins files?

thanks,
Dave

William
Site Admin

Re: Hey William or Mark

Post by William » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:17 pm

The configs.h and pins.h are similar to the ones on ProB and ProX(they are using the same board GT2560).
You just need make some little modifying on some parameters during the test.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

daveapplemotors

Post by daveapplemotors » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:18 pm

Marlin_Dave's.tar.gz
(345.32 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
Do you have a Geeetech Prusa i3 pro A working with the touch sensor? Yes? or NO!

I have been trying to use both proB and proX files since you posted them weeks ago. ProB used and Ultimaker board when I load that I have no LCD display and no LCD display when I change to #define MOTHERBOARD 7 either. I have the same problems trying to use ProX files you posted, too.

Mine is board 7 in the definitions. " #define MOTHERBOARD 7" How can I use ProB or ProX files if the LCD display on my control box is blank?

My carriage goes to the middle of the bed. It lowers until it crashes into the bed, makes an ugly noise and I shut off the power. What makes the probe pin deploy so that it can sense the bed? Mine does not.

Cup

Post by Cup » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:05 am

Your blank LCD is because the LCD on the controlbox is LCD12864,while the one on ProB and ProX is LCD2004.
You can refer to this(3.2.3 in the post) to modify the firmware:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 23&t=17040
BTW,did the sensor have a response when you test the 4 rows of codes(M280 P0 S10\90\120\160)?

daveapplemotors

Post by daveapplemotors » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:08 pm

Yes (as I stated before) s10, s120, s90 and s160 all work properly. Thanks. when I get back after a four day break for holiday with family I will try some more! I hope to make it work then.

I am advising any friends who want to buy a printer to get one that is already assembled, has ABL and a cabinet. It is too much trouble to do that by yourself.

Happy Holidays to all of you. The Solstice is the most important to me. And thank you for your help.

be well,
Dave

Cup

Post by Cup » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:50 pm

Hi,Dave
As you said,the sensor has a response to these code.
So i'm suspecting the Z_min slot on the board was not working properly,which makes the sensor didn't detect the signal as it should be.
I think you can test Z_min slot by re-flashing the original firmware and the old Z endstop.

daveapplemotors

Post by daveapplemotors » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Thanks, Cup, for reading and considering my trouble with the touch sensor. I have just returned from a 4 day holiday and am back to the frustrating problem of utilizing my 3D touch sensor.

There is no problem with my Z-min endstop or switch.

I reflash with the original firmware to print. I have done it many times. I am printing now with original Z-min endstop (no ABL). It prints well and can start at 0.15 mm easily although I must dis-connect the 3D touch sensor to be able to re-connect the original z-min endstop.

I would love to be able to use the original z-min endstop in conjunction with the 3D touch probe but I fail to do that also. I have tried reversing polarity the 2 wire plug from the touch sensor to learn if perhaps that is wired incorrectly.

It is a shame there is such a hassle to install something as simple as ABL.

Again, William or Mark,
Can you supply configuration.h and pins.h specific to my Geeetech Prusa i3 A pro? Please???

daveapplemotors

Post by daveapplemotors » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:44 pm

After a break printing some things for my family I am back with the same question:

What will make my 3D touch probe extend (deploy) when it gets to the center of the bed????

the probe works: S10, S120, S90 and S160 all work
The Z min wire works--
When my extruder gets to the center of the bed it lowers until the nozzle touches the bed and makes ugly noises if I don't shut off the power. The probe doesn't extend to sense the bed.

I have changed Z probe offset range min and max up and down but no change in behaviour.
#ifdef ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING
#define CUSTOM_M_CODE_SET_Z_PROBE_OFFSET 851
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_RANGE_MIN -2
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_RANGE_MAX -5

What will make my 3D touch probe extend (deploy) when it gets to the center of the bed????

again I attach my files:
Attachments
Marlin_Dave's.tar.gz
(345.32 KiB) Downloaded 508 times

daveapplemotors

Post by daveapplemotors » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:28 pm

I notice in the video here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=truJB5TqmoA
the probe's LED turns off and the probe pin extends when the nozzle is lowering to the bed. Mine does not.

What will make the pin extend and the LED go off?

Cup

Post by Cup » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:51 am

daveapplemotors wrote:I notice in the video here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=truJB5TqmoA
the probe's LED turns off and the probe pin extends when the nozzle is lowering to the bed. Mine does not.

What will make the pin extend and the LED go off?
The LED won't turn off and Extend until you send the command "M280 P0 S10".