Upgrade ProB into a Dual Extruder Model

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade ProB into a Dual Extruder Model

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun May 12, 2019 3:28 am

:D

My situation is a little different.
This is because my printer already has two external extruders.
I also have a different version of the printhead:
https://www.geeetech.com/assembled-jiet ... p-749.html

If you like Marlin, you can try it out from a double-headed printer. :D
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

MateMago

Post by MateMago » Tue May 28, 2019 2:39 pm

I made this upgrade but seems the input for the second thermistor is broken on the board, I even changed the pullup resistor with no luck. Are there any other unused pin on the GT2560 A+ I can use to plug the thermistor of the second extruder?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue May 28, 2019 4:40 pm

-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Camperdownfamily

Post by Camperdownfamily » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:20 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone has done this upgrade to their I3 Pro B?

I have ordered all the parts and I have tried fitting them, but I am struggling with the dual print head assembly.

The two print heads are connected by an aluminium bar which both the threaded extruder tubes pass through and which has a 'foot' on either end which is about 5 or 6mm thick. By comparison the single extruder which this assembly is replacing has a flat plate which the extruder tube passes through but it doesn't have 'feet'.

The extra thickness of the feet means that the extruder nozzles sit 5-6mm higher on the double extruder than on the single extruder. The vertical movement on the printer can't bring the head any further down, so the only way I can see to make up this difference is to move the heated bed up by 5-6mm, but this is more than the screws and springs holding the bed in place can reach.

So, either I am doing something wrong with the assembly of these parts, or I need to replace the hot bed adjusting screws with longer ones and with longer springs.

If anyone has actually upgraded their I3 Pro B, can you tell me if you hit this problem and if so, what you did to fix it?