Auto-leveling GT2560 Proximity wiring

RMT

Auto-leveling GT2560 Proximity wiring

Post by RMT » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:31 pm

Has anybody wired a standard inductive proximity switch to the gt2560 main board, I couldn't find much info on the pins other than the picture that just shows where everything plugs in.
I understand with a regular switch it doesn't matter which way the wires connect, but what about when wiring the proximity switch ?
The black and the blue wire would it matter, or can I change / setup in marlin firmware how ever I connect them.

ezrec

Re: GT2560 Proximity wiring

Post by ezrec » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:00 am

The underside of the GT2560 has the pinout for each connector - flip your board over to find out.

Assuming that you will be using the Z-Min endstop, the edge-most pin is marked 'V+', the middle pin is marked 'SIG', and the innermost pin is marked 'GND'.

If your proximity sensor uses 5v power, connect:

Sensor 5v -> Z-Min V+
Sensor OUT -> Z-Min SIG
Sensor GND -> Z-Min GND

If your sensor uses 12v, and has a floating OUT which is tied to GND when triggered, you will need a spare wire to the '+' side of DC IN:

Sensor 12v -> DC IN +
Sensor OUT -> Z-Min SIG
Sensor GND -> Z-Min GND

Try the 5v solution first, if you are unsure.

RMT

Post by RMT » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:48 pm

Great... Got it working.

wayne

Post by wayne » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Can someone teach me how to wire the 12v input of the proximity sensor on the GT 2560 main board?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

gonilsen

Post by gonilsen » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:58 am

Then it has to a NPN sensor, if the signal from the sensor shud be - ?

ezrec wrote:The underside of the GT2560 has the pinout for each connector - flip your board over to find out.

Assuming that you will be using the Z-Min endstop, the edge-most pin is marked 'V+', the middle pin is marked 'SIG', and the innermost pin is marked 'GND'.

If your proximity sensor uses 5v power, connect:

Sensor 5v -> Z-Min V+
Sensor OUT -> Z-Min SIG
Sensor GND -> Z-Min GND

If your sensor uses 12v, and has a floating OUT which is tied to GND when triggered, you will need a spare wire to the '+' side of DC IN:

Sensor 12v -> DC IN +
Sensor OUT -> Z-Min SIG
Sensor GND -> Z-Min GND

Try the 5v solution first, if you are unsure.