geeetech i3 pro b setup issues

Phil3992

geeetech i3 pro b setup issues

Post by Phil3992 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:08 pm

Hi I'm having a few issues with the geeetech i3 pro b and turning to you guys for some advice.

I've been reading various similar topics for the past few days but none have solve my issues with my prints. A bit of back ground I was given this printer from a friend who built the printer a few month ago but then had no success printing. (I mention this as a few topic say to speak to the sales department but I didn't buy the printer or have any of the purchase details)

I was getting on ok with the printer here is a picture of my first day of attempts:
I felt I was making good progress and even got a little war hammer guy printed. I then ran out of Pink and swapped to the big reel of grey PLA 1.75 with 0.3 nozzle and now my prints are no where near as good. Examples:

I'm at a loss to why it's under extruding so bad. I have fed the filament through fine, when heat if I add pressure I can see it coming out smoothly. Im using the default suggested configs. Although I have tried increasing the temperature and slowing the movement and increasing infill. I just feel like Im now guessing. I think my nozzle height is correct I have done a test with a piece of paper under it. And I've uses a spirit level on the bed and Z axis which seems level.

Does anyone have suggestion or even a config file I could try?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few side questions, (I know know I should make separate topics)

Is the geeetech i3 pro b a bad printer?

Can anyone share a picture of the sort of quality prints I should expect? (I'd love to be able to print 25mm figures, but really want to get smooth war gaming terrain walls etc).

What are the cable extensions called? I have a 3d touch sensor I printed the mount but the cables are to short to reach the board.

I knew it would take some config and tweaking but I had hoped as I've not customised the printer I'd be able to plug and print with basic config.

LoBoHEAT

Re: geeetech i3 pro b setup issues

Post by LoBoHEAT » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:20 pm

What settings are you using? Different colors and brands need different setting (temperature, retraction, extrusion multiplier....)

You tried the settings of dowload area? It´s a good base to start, and verify at settings you have set the nozzle´s size.

The lasts months mine was working 14 hours every day, and good quality. It´s a decent printer, with good calibration are a good quality.

Best regards.
Please, support my collaboration, buy me a Kofi https://ko-fi.com/lachusmadeti THANKS!!

Breitenberg

Post by Breitenberg » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:23 pm

Good post.

With the variance in plastics composition and how they each cool and measuring tools it's going to be a challenge to get an accurate reading with a .1 mm window of tolerance. It's possible though is appears this particular machines has more pressing issues than that much nozzle variance.

MyCCPay

Miller58

Post by Miller58 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:47 pm

I purchased a Prusa i3 Pro B around a month ago, after some initial teething issues recognizes something new is being plugged in but doesn't install drivers.

MySainsburys
Last edited by Miller58 on Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoBoHEAT

Post by LoBoHEAT » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:58 am

Miller58 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:47 pm
I purchased a Prusa i3 Pro B around a month ago, after some initial teething issues recognizes something new is being plugged in but doesn't install drivers.
You need to download the CH340 driver from the Downloads section of the GEEETech website.

Best regards.
Please, support my collaboration, buy me a Kofi https://ko-fi.com/lachusmadeti THANKS!!